1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 1997 RM125, anyone ever have one?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I bought this bike for next to nothing to steal the front end of off for a project about a year and a half ago. Sat in the corner gathering dust. This fall someone stole a friend of mines KTM 450 and now he has no money to replace it and as he is a good friend i feel bad for him. Got to thinking it would take little to make this bike ridable, asked Joe if he would want to ride it and he is thrilled. Got it 90% ready to go, waiting on swing arm bearings and a few other small items. If anyone has or had one let me know if there is anything i should be looking for.

I got it like this, runs but needs a bunch of bearings and love and plastic. but i bought it rip the front end off of so i did not care.

[IMG]

I got a full used plastic kit of eBay for $45 and found some levers and stuff around here. Now it is 90% ready to go. Like I said needs swing arm bearings before it can be ridden. Needs a skid plate and hand guards too. Then needs a ride to sort out everything else.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    That will make a GREAT bike. I've never owned one but rode and raced several 96-97-98 models, good friend ran them. Good call on the front end I think they are fantastic and would still race that front end with fresh fluids. Motors were a little soft but they absolutely turn on a dime, will give a Husky a run for it in the turns. Sensitive to a properly packed silencer. Footpeg welds at the frame were suspect. Completely weak seat mounts that break away and dump the seat mid-moto. Clutches were pretty lame and hardware/details a little cheesy, but it will make a fun and competetive vintage ripper. Nicefind and good on ya for helping a friend in need!:thumbsup:
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Kelly, just shows how good a person you are. +1
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

thanks man. Buddy Joe is an older guy, not in terrific health even though he is in good shape, loves to ride and I really like him. Super good peeps and EZ to be around. I am happy to help out.
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

thanks and i hoped you would pop your head in as i thought i remembered you raced these back int he day. Funny, one seat mount needs work and the clutch is frozen. I think all the clutch needs to work (maybe not right but function) is the clutch pack separated as it is rusted together. Been there done than before. Has a FMF Fatty and muffer (worth more than i paid for the bike :>) so maybe the packing issue is not as bad. Bike seems to run OK. Already spoke to Walt about a 144/165 kit possibilities. We will see how it shakes out, maybe that bike will just live on. I think i have about $300 in it total :D oh, eBay stuff for this is nearly free. :thumbsup:
    454x likes this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    If anyone has some crap laying around let me know, looking for...

7/8" mountable hand guards
    skid plate
    o-ring chain (used is fine if it has life left)
    rear sprocket
    clutch lever

Jake donated a front sprocket. :cheers:

fun.
  7. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Your the man! Sucks Joe got his bike stolen, but it is going to force him to ride a fun little smoker! Maybe he will get hooked as well!
  8. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Ugh, people suck!

Shane just had his Seqoya broken into and they stole his gear bag, luckily his boots helmet and knee braces were not in it. But they still got over 1000 worth of stuff.

I will dig around and see what I can come up with for hand guards, I also have a bunch of o-x ring chains that are useable for a 125. You can grab one if you want friday when we ride! :D

Later,
  9. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    +1! and pull the pipe and inspect the piston. seen a couple catch rings when theys super flogged. just saying fingers crossed. those are super fun track n trail bikes! its half yellow already so get some blue plastic and H badge it man mreeeeep! id totally hit it!

you truly will have a place next to the Man when its your time kel. what a nice man you are.

and my tricycle got stolen as a kid. can i ride yer 511 now????
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    oh yeh..since the last time i "retired" i sold or canned a TON of crap so...i do have a set of Zeta clamp-on-the-bar moto style hand shields (not barkies) i can send. they're vented too. just in time for summer. not much for protection from trees but...lemme know.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I actually think he might really like the 125 after riding it. He is a slight build and older so his strength is not huge and this bike is semi short too. he is used to a 450F with rekluse so it will be a learning curve but i bet when he gets used to the EZ power and super light bike he might be hooked. We will see. Was hoping to get it done and take hime to hood river this weekend but the swingarm bearings are way to bad to ride it. Got them ordered.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We are riding Friday? Thanks on the chains, any good used o-ring chain would be good. I think I might have one too. Got any decent 19" tires?
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    ya sure :>)
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thanks but really need the wrap around ones here. I think we can dig something up ASAP. I have one, I'll just ask him to crash and hit trees on that side. :>)
    pvduke likes this.
  15. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Let me dig tonight. Might have clutch lever, bars, bark busters, handguards for rm.

Pm me a cell # so I can text a pic.
    pvduke likes this.
  16. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Sure, why not weather is going to be great and there is some more new trail to explore I guess.

Got some hand guards and hardware, need one set for my nephews xr80 but the i am sure you can find something useable...
    [IMG]
    Chains for days...
    [IMG]
    And a skid plate / rad guards from a yz450f, I am sure you can make them fit.
    [IMG]

Later,
    sabortooth and Blakelpd5 like this.
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    If I remember right there was more work then just a cylinder/piston to make the suzuki's 144's. I forget the details but I think they listed it on Eric Gorr's website. Not that you need to buy from him but it should give Walt an idea of what's needed
  18. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Freinkin bike number 2 !
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    At this point i am just getting it ridable for a friend. If it turns out being a cool bike I'm sure it will slowly get a lot nicer. :D
    454x likes this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Awesome Jake thanks. I knew, like me people have piles of crap laying around you will never use. I had a brand new brake lever for it which was odd, must cross over with something else.