1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 1999 Frame Paint - Found It!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Kevin Sorce, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Kevin Sorce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha YZ250, Aprilia RST1000
    A while back I posted a note on here that I was looking for dark grey metallic paint that matches the frame on a 1999 WR 250 ( I would imagine several years of WRs and CRs have the dark grey frames. Anyway after getting some automotive color chips I found the exact match. Its an 80's 90's GM color called gunmetal metallic and Duplicolor has it in spray cans. The Duplicolor # is BGM0344. I also found that Advance auto parts chain has it in their warehouses and the local store ordered it for me and had it the next day for $6.99. IT IS A PERFECT MATCH! Especially since it drys like a semigloss since it normally would have clear over it.

Are the 99's such obscure years for WR/CRs? Why are plastics available for newer and older Huskys but are not made for these years? I need radiator shrouds for my bike to look like brand new!
  2. 726HUSKY Husqvarna
    A Class

Kevin,
    Have you checked with DC plastics? They can make about whatever you want.
  3. Kevin Sorce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha YZ250, Aprilia RST1000
    Hi. Yes I checked with DC and they were NG on 1999 radiator shrouds. Also, my local Husky dealer said the part number was no longer listed in the warehouse parts system. Just when I was about to give up I called Hall's and their one parts guy Jeff is on the ball. He said there is a different part number for the shields now and amazingly they had the L and R in stock
  4. 726HUSKY Husqvarna
    A Class

Jeff, is an awesome guy. He has taken care of me every time i need something. Very friendly.