1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 1999 WR 250 Info

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Daniel Baisley, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Daniel Baisley Husqvarna

I really want to get a husqvarna bike , and I have found what seems to be a good deal on a 99 WR250 nearby. What are your thoughts on this bike ? Was it a good year ? any particular issues with them , and anybody know if the wear parts like sprockets and brakes are hard to find, and what other models may share the same parts ? Thanks for the info and help.
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Depending on the price, buy it...parts are pretty common for a 250...it's only side plastics that can be difficult to track down but if you live in the US, seems like there are many outlets to find such parts!!
  3. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    As far as the any issues with them. The kick starter bumps into the footpeg at the end of the stroke. Either that or the foot bumps into the peg. At least for me if something strange is going on with my right leg or knee I don't do very well starting it with the left leg while standing on the gorund or a raised object. It probably isn't an issue for most people.

On the plus side compared to newer later ones there are probably grease fittings on the swingarm and the transmission is wider than the cr version which is the version of the transmission they market lately.

On the minus side, I looked at the parts sheets and they seem to be the old version which probably started out as microfilm instead of pdf files so they are not as good to study. It appears the 1999 doesn't have the filled crankshaft like the more modern ones and things like axle diameters get larger as time goes on, well the front one for sure.

The other models which would share the parts would be the 360 which had it's last year in 2002 not the sweedish 360. At least 15 years of 250 two strokes and the latest 300 models at least from the looks of the parts diagrams. The brake parts are probably on the 125 and four strkoke ones and brand x as well.

Fran
  4. Daniel Baisley Husqvarna

Thanks for the info , I'm debating getting that , or a 2000 cr125 that just popped up for sale near by , I think I'm leaning toward the 125, as I have no experience with a 250 2-stoke , but whatever one i decide on , there will be a husky in my garage in the near future.
  5. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    Buy the 250! It has a six speed. Lots of power and you can lug it through the bush all day.