1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 1st race on a husky in 3 years.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by razornpc, Aug 3, 2012.

1. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

got 2 races this weekend. been finishing 6th and 7th in the A class on my ktm. we'll see what happens. hoping the wr300 treats me good!
  2. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    The hills will be better, the tight turn arounds not so much... Good luck!
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Good luck and let us know how it went.
  4. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

ok, so this this is an absolute drag racing machine. im not known for good starts but both days i was second out of the 1st turn. wow! it was awsome, if i wanted more GO id just turn the throttle a little more and it would deliver as much and more then i could ask for.

turning is taking a little getting used to as joe had predicted.

finished the saturday race 10th and the sunday race 7th. im getting more used to the controls and cannt complain. i would like to get a bit of suspensionj work done i think. i got the snot beat out of me today (rough course) but rode 48 miles.

speeking of that. did 48 miles with a stock 2.5 tank and stopping for 1/2 gallon splash. not sure how much i have left right now but i never hit reserve.
    ray_ray likes this.
  5. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Yeah, I was noticing while I was going quick with others is that I was way slower in the tight tight turn arounds than in other areas. I talked to a friend with an older WR250 (same as mine really) and he said the swing arm was quite a bit longer on the WR vs the XC. Result... Better climbing, worse tight corners. There is a remedy though; pull a link or two out of your chain and flip your adjuster block around to effectively shorten the bike. You may lose some of that climbing ability, but gain in the hairpins.
    ray_ray likes this.
  6. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    what was the suspension lacking?
  7. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

the suspension just pounded the crap out of me both days. ive been playing with the clickers a little here and there and it just seems harsh on the choppy stuff. handles and steers fine, as in it turns how im telling it to turn, but its just not very plush.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    You can always try the easy stuff for fixes ...

1) Raise the forks up in the triple clamps (may effect the sag)
    2) Lower the oil amount in the forks ... (different bike but I lowered my oil amount by 25cc in each tube)
    3) Open the clickers up to within a couple clicks wide open on the CMP stroke
    4) Maybe slow the rebound down so the forks don't try to slam upward so hard ... Slow is ok but not to the point of packing the forks ...
  9. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    Exactly my interpretation of my 300 , i works great on the average or smooth single track but a bit twitchy on the knarly rock and technical stuff.
  10. Kyspeedfactory Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    Ya when I geared mine back to stock the axle is way back in the adjustment...I took two links out and its back to heaven....really helped the tight corners....
  11. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

other fun facts:

after stopping to add 1/2 gallon, i had 66 fl.oz. of gas left after putting on 48 miles.

fork settings: comp clickers were turned in 2 clicks & rebounds were turned in 13 clicks

shock settings: comp clicker was turned 16 in and rebound was turned 31 in. with 34mm static sag. havent checked rider sag because the bike seems to do what i tell it to.

also, running 2 days (36 miles day 1 and 48 miles day 2) is hard on a new rear tire. the mx71 is still a great tire in my eyes and id recommend any one in the mid west running one if its dry to intermidiet.