1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 1st ride today ! need WR 300 advice

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by braddenning, Dec 18, 2011.

1. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    took the new wr 300 to the jersey pine barrens today .WHAT A BIKE !! i can go on for a hour, anyway the bike is lazy low to mid RPM range then hits like an atom bomb on top, also when warmed up its hard as hell or nearly impossible to start.starts ok cold. any help is appreciated
  2. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Sounds like jetting issue. Mine is easy to start cold or hot and has gobs of bottom end tq.
  3. Lincolnlock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Put a smaller (leaner) pilot in it.
  4. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    If the temperature was cold were you are at the bike might be too lean off the bottom, you might actually need a larger pilot and a needle clip position adjustment.
  5. Joedints Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300 13 WR125 81 WR430 82 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZR7-S
    Hello and congrads on the new bike, I just brought a 11 wr300 recently also... I am also a Jersey Pine Barrens rider myself... Find the thread " I kick and kick and kick: good info there...
  6. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Give it a few rides before you change anything.

You will find after it loosens up and you find the sweet kick you won't have any problems.

Mine is 500 Kay's old now and starting is a breeze but I miss my Zochis...KYB are doing my head in, I'm so used to shocks that work...might have to get new springs and a re-valve soon...

Stu
  7. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I would recommend to lean the bike over 30 deg at a standstill and verify that no fuel leakage from the carb drain occurs at least till the bike is leaned over quite far.....that way you know the float level is ok...you can procede to selecting the proper jets....a high float level will hamper starting when hot for sure...Husky's seem to have high float levels more often than not

the pilot size is verified by how many turns out to a achieve a clean/faster idle....more than two turns out and you need a smaller pilot..possibly two sizes or more smaller

mainjet is selected by a plug color and "feel" at the higher throttle openings.....the needle is also by "feel" through the middle part of the throttle range....you can select a diferent needle and settings based on what the other folks have found works in various threads on here...there are plenty of threads

start with the float level and proper pilot jet first and then ride it for a while to get a feel for the other circuits
  8. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I changed the fork oil in mine and replaced with 5wt. I think you will find the oil they come with is fairly heavy and does make it hard to set the forks properly. It is a common complaint, but easily fixed. To do the job properly it is better to take the forks appart and clean them totally then replace with new oil.
    There is a thread here somewhere about this subject.
  9. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    Hey Stu, are you interested in doing a swap for some zokes off my 09 WR250 for the KYB's. I prefer them to the zokes (I have KYB's on my 310) for the type of riding I do, and I know you are coming to Melbourne over Christmas from your posts DBW. Send me a PM if you are interested. They have just started leaking but I have some synergy seals on order that I would give you if we did a swap.
  10. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Swapping 3 year old forks for brand new ones would be awesome...................for you!

I think I will persist with the KAYABA for this bike.

Got my Zoks on the 610.

Cheers anyway mate!

Stu
  11. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    Hey Stu, I was only joking, of course you wouldn't swap 3 year old forks !
    Enjoy the riding in Vicco over the break, might even see you out there if you go to Reefton or Toolangi.