1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2 issues with my wr300....

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Bryan M, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Bryan M Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    10 GasGas ec300, 12 Ducati Monster
    Someone with a little more experience with this bike maybe could help....power valve cover leaks, bolts are tight, it's on the right side PV cover behind the pipe....also the chain block sliders lock nuts keep backing out....what can I do about that?? Twice today alone....
  2. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    locktite for chain block and sealer for pv cover.
  3. Bryan M Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    ok, I'll locktite them, just never have had to locktite them on any other bike I have owned so that's new to me....have any idea on the torque to tighten the PV cover to?
  4. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    8-15nm probably.... no reason to hang off them, theyre only small. My dad always said "a good man knows when a bolt is tight enough".
    ive snapped countless bolts now :confused:so i guess im no good.
    Glenn haynes likes this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I agree with your dad and almost never use a torque wrench as the threads need to be perfect, clean and not lubed to be right. Seen a lot of people lube a bolt and go to torque it and snap. Once you lube or loc-tite them all specs are out the window. Once you get a feel for tight by hand it is all good.
  6. Bryan M Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ok well i just bought a new TC449 today so ill put the bike on the stand and get to it here shortly....I'm going to make this bike (the wr300) a single track weapon, so I ordered I'm ordering a hi comp head and a new pipe, already have the keihin carb....should be awesome!
  7. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    6mm bolts, 3 finger snug with a small combo wrench. that's it. if its leaking the cover may be warped or damaged. check for flat and perfect surfaces before installing new gasket.

chain aduster bolts. put a 8mm wrench in the chain, spin back the wheel so the chain is slackless and tap the blocks forward with a plastic mallet if nec. this snugs the axle blocks to the adjuster bolts....now torque the axle nut. remove the 8mm wrench then gently snug the 10mm bolt head back a tick against the block to load it, then, hold it there with a 10mm wrench and snug the 12mm nut against the arm. never use loctite on the chain adjsuter bolts- remove them, spritz penetrant in the arm hole then grease the bolts and nuts good. ive never had one come loose doing this.
  8. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    my wr300's top end was rebuilt 3 times under warranty & the rh side pv cover leaked again every time even though i told them of leak
  9. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Mine just started leaking last ride, it's a 2008...