1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 2 stroke fuel storage

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Kevin_TE250, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I always used stabil in my 4st.. should I do the same with my premix ? and even if I do (stabil) with the ethanol after a period of time is it all moot ?

Thanks
  2. Terry B Husqvarna

drain it and burn it in your car or truck.
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

E10 Gasohol is not good for two strokes. Oil does not like to stay suspended in it unless you are running a castor based oil. That being said there are those who don't believe this and will continue to run this crap in their bikes. (Somebody needs to sue the Government for promoting Ethanol use in gas). Ethanol is corrosive and attacks rubber components in your carb and engine. Ethanol draws moisture to it and when enough moisture (water ) is in the mix the ethanol / water mix will go into phase separation and settle to bottom of tank. Now you are getting a mix of alcohol and water which will burn very very lean at best.
    A fairly new product can help with these problems. Star Tron fuel additive. An 8 oz bottle will treat up to 48 gallons of E10. It will prevent phase separation and cleans the crap that ethanol leaves in your system. It is not a chemical treatment but an Enzyme treatment. It flat works. It will also keep your fuel fresh for up to 2 years. So if you insist on using E10 then I strongly suggest using this fine product. If at all possible use a not ethanol fuel. A lower octane race gas is good or even a mix with non ethanol gas. We don't normally need more than about 92 octane so too much octane will cause your engine to run "flat".
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    +1 Vinduro,
    After 20 years of running an auto repair shop I can testify to the evils of Gasohol. I've seen it completely eat through aluminum throttle bodies. Even anodized fittings are not safe, the corrosion will start where there is one tiny nick or scratch and within a year it will look like worms ate it away. The oil companies put it in fuel because it's cheap. Here in OK you can still get 100% gasoline at some stations and I can tell you that in a vehicle that gets approximately 29 mpg, gasohol will only get about 27 mpg. The conclusion to everyone should be don't buy it it's not cheaper because the savings is lost in gas mileage and then some in future repairs. If they don't have regular fuel at the pump in your state go to a fuel dealer or where they sell race fuel and or a farm
    Coop and have them order a barrel of the good stuff.
  5. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have to agree with those that suggest burning it in the family car. Pump gas just starts out as crap and gets worse, even with stabilzer.

Drain your tank and your float bowl, put in new gas in the spring. Live long and prosper.
  6. roostafish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 KTM 350 XCF
    The VP C12 stores very well as long as it's in a metal container. I've had some 15 gallons or so (less than 5 now) laying around since Early June. I keep mixing it a gallon or two at a time when I go riding, leaving whatever is left in the tank. I have had absolutely no fuel issues.
  7. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks Dwight, will put it on my shopping list:thumbsup:
  8. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    +1 on this. I try to burn any gas within a month no matter the time of year. A couple gallons of premix in a 20 gallon pickup tank has no discernable impact on the performance of the pickup. Leaving it in your bike for long will definitely have a negative impact there ... I only made that mistake once.