1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 2 Stroke Oil

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by bhc357, Sep 26, 2010.

1. bhc357 Husqvarna
    A Class

What type of oil are you using for your 2 strokes? i have a new WR300 and am looking for feedback and suggestions.....

thanks
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I use Motorex Cross Power 2T in all my bikes. 60:1 in all the MX and enduro bikes and 100:1 in the trials bike.:thumbsup:

It is pricey oil, but in the long run I think that it is a good value because it burns really clean, doesn't smoke or leave a lot of yucky deposits and can be run at high dilutions while still providing excellent lubrication. Ports, sparkplugs and exhaust valves stay in clean operating condition. Because engine wear is reduced, I can go much longer between top end rebuilds than with other oils I have used in the past. Blowby stays to a minimum. And darn it all....my motorcycles smell great when they are running on the track or trail.:D
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello! I also ride WR 300 and i use Amalie Synplus 2T. I have 2,5% in the woods and 3-3,5% in winter for iceracing(long straights, high revs). Works perfect for me, and isnĀ“t so expensive:thumbsup:

Johnny:sweden:
  4. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Two votes for Motorex Cross Power 2T
    Great oil.

:cheers:
  5. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Motul 2T 800 50:1 with VP112
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Amsoil Dominator.
  7. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
  8. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bel-Ray H1-R @ 2.5% (may got to 3% next year). This is sponsor supplied oil and that's the main reason we use it. I do not have much experience with it and cannot vouch for it other than my son used it this season until his injured wrist put him on the side-lines. It seems okay so far, but one complaint is, it's difficult to tell it's been put into gas as it is a light amber colour.

My usual oil is Red Line Two-Stroke Racing Oil @ 2.5%. I have used it for years with great results. No carbon build-up, excellent wear resistance, easy to mix, perfect standard sized bottle (dump bottle in 20L can, fill to full line, voila 40:1), deep red colour is easy to see in gas, and in Canada can be found at any Canadian tire store (means everywhere).
  9. Mr_X Husqvarna
    A Class

10. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I used castor oil in a couple of bikes. It smells really great, but unless you run flat out all the time, it can really gum your rings and powervalves.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Amsoil Dominator
  12. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I also run 927 at 32:1. I have used it in a KX65, KX250, WR125 (144) and KX85 and have never had an issue with the PV getting gummed up, rings sticking or carbon build up and I run lower RPMs 90 percent of the time. I think most of that information comes from people that ran pure castor which the Maxima 927 is not. :excuseme:

From the Maxima site:

"Castor 927 is a unique blend of highly refined castor oil, a specially prepared synthetic and an additive system that reduces carbon and gum formation and provides excellent rust & corrosion protection. Castor 927 also contains an exclusive additive that keeps power valves cleaner and working properly."
  13. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Fair nuff.:thumbsup: I'll stick to the Motorex.:cool:
  14. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Klotz Supertechniplate
  15. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am a Golden Spectro drinker/bleeder!
  16. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

I use Golden Spectro also, so does Fred Hoess&Jeff Fredette.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Being from NY I always used Spectro it was what all the local NE guys used.
    Since moving out to CA (San Diego) I have been a Maxima fan because of the local access to Mr.Lechien and company. Mostly use Super M and K2 have used 927 as well.
    Always used 927 in my city college mo-ped (yes mo-ped) because of the castor smell, Italian mo-ped + castor smell=chick magnet.............(I am waiting for the slagging to begin)
  18. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Having ridden for 40 years, I have used a lot of different oils, following trends, heros or just curiosity about a product. So I started off with Torco T2, then switched to KlotzTechniplate, then Blendzall, then Bel Ray MC1, then I used Pennzoil GP stroke for many years, then Golden Spectro (also bottled as HiPoint for a while), Rockoil K2 and the GP synthetic formula, Lubridyne and Duralube, a couple different formulas of Silkolene and Yamalube....and finally the stuff I use now, which I have been using for the past five years now. Don't think I'll try anything else. I'm gettin' old.:lol:
  19. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
  20. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I dunno about outboard oil. Those engines develop a lot less compression and run at fairly consistent loads and RPMs. I haven't seen anything about it lately, but years ago in one of the dirt magazines, they ran an article about why it was a bad idea to run outboard oil in a dirt bike.:excuseme: