1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2000 WR-360 Dual Sport Conversion

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by oldmx, Apr 11, 2012.

1. oldmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 WR-360.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 505
    I have searched the site for information and maybe I am just missing it but what I am looking for are owners that have dual sported their 360's. Being on a budget I cannot afford a D/S bike only. I would like to street legal my 360 so I can ride some of the local D/S rids which do not require a lot of street time but require a plate. I looked at Baja Designs and it appears they sell a D/S kit that would fit. Has anyone installed this or any other kit and did it work to your satisfaction. Also are there any other tricks I will need to do to the bike to make it work as a D/S?

Mike
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Mike,

I do minor DS with my 360. Mostly I use it when I want to just ride from the house to the trails and back. 3.4 gal IMS tank gives me nearly 120 mile range. First thing I would do is soften up your suspension, seat, and try some vibration reducing bars. Vibration makes riding more than ~20-30 miles of contiguous pavement grueling. I also installed an auto clutch, FWW, and geared it up so I can cruise at 65mph effortlessly. It isn't an ideal DS bike but it can do the job. Also I would find an auto decomp head if you can.
  3. oldmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 WR-360.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 505
    Thanks Walt,

I know it will not be ideal but sometimes you have to make due with what you have. I am going to put Flexx bars on the bike and install an auto clutch. The decompression heads are hard to come by but I keep my eye out for them.

Mike