1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2000 WR 360 ? fuel and cranking

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by pollolittle, Mar 8, 2012.

1. pollolittle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Was having problems getting the bike started. Cleaned the carb, check the float, new plug, etc. Lay it over on the left multiple times for fuel to slosh out the overflow. Saga continues!

So, I decided to turn off the petcock at the end of the day. Then turn it on, when ready to crank. Two kicks fires right up. Let it sit a couple of days with the petcock off and then turn on and two kicks, fires right up. So, now my head is itching, what gives? Is the float and needle not shutting the fuel off and extreme flooding in the intake manifold! Or is it sticking or something.

Seems to work well if I have the fuel shutoff at the end of the day.

FYI, it seemed the fuel level would drop after filling it up over night or the next couple of days, but don't see where it was going. thought maybe someone could shed some light.
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Blow the carb down with compress air (it is a PWK?) or buy some Dust Off used for PC's - you may have a blockage in one of the circuits possible the pilot and choke area.
    Are you starting with choke on?
    If you suspect the needle isn't shutting off properly, lay a couple sheets of newspaper under the bike and let sit overnight with the petcock on. When the sitting overnight, the temp drops and it's enough to compress the tank which will cause pressure to build up in the fuel line.