1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2000 WR 360 ?'s brakes, trans oil etc.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by pollolittle, Nov 3, 2010.

1. pollolittle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Trying to bleed the rear brake line, I have run probably close to half a quart through this thing. Getting clear liquid at the caliper, but leave it closed up and then the pressure drains off and the fluid goes black with a bunch of floating material. Should I replace the brake lines or rebuild the master cylinder first? Is there a way to figure out where all the gunk is coming from?

Also, is the trans oil just motor oil 5w or is there some other special elixir that goes in there, the book references 5w but I haven't figured out the AGIP SINT 2000 something like that?
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Pull the brake line and blow it down as well do some maintenance on the brembo rear brake pins.
    9/10 the gunk is water seeming in from the brake fluid reservoir as the seal may have a tear.
    Once assembled, 10mins of bleeding and good as gold.

Gearbox oil, l use motul transoil 10w or castrol MTX or Silkolene 10w and Belray gearsaver..in other words anything @10w so long as you regularly change the oil - though Belray fresh feels the smoothes.

Good luck.
  3. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Pull the brake line and blow it down as well do some maintenance on the brembo rear brake pins.
    9/10 the gunk is water seeping in from the brake fluid reservoir as the seal may have a tear.
    Once assembled, 10mins of bleeding and good as gold.

Gearbox oil, l use motul transoil 10w or castrol MTX or Silkolene 10w and Belray gearsaver..in other words anything @10w so long as you regularly change the oil - though Belray fresh feels the smoothes.

Good luck.
  4. pollolittle Husqvarna
    AA Class

The seal and the reservoir are clean and in good shape. The last time I tried bleeding, I pushed the rear brake pedal down open bleeder etc. When it felt good, I tighten everything up. Then while cycling the foot brake, it looks like air bubbles were coming up into the reservoir. Pumped it over and over, till no more bubbles going up. Seems to hold pressure for the last few days.

The way it currently sits there is no way to adjust for 5mm travel before engagement, it is more like an 1" inch, I even adjusted the nut on the back side of the arm to engage sooner. This is really kicking my butt, for some unknown reason, and all the local dealer keeps telling me is, "Just use common sense". I keep trying to remind him that I ain't got none.

I thought the book was calling for a 5w.
  5. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    I don't have a 360, but have a 2000 WR250. I run ATF in my trans and that seems to make the clutch work better, and also made it easier to start in gear (but the 250 is probably eaiser to start in gear).
  6. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    I've run Amsoil, either 0W-40 or 10W-40 in my WR250... I think there's some other folks on here that run the 0W-40 w/ good results as well.
  7. pollolittle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Got the brakes sorted out for the moment.

When I drained the trans fluid there seem to be a lot of shiny material suspended and the drain plug had a lot of metallic attached to it. Is this a sign of things to come or is it normal?
  8. ryboj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00TE410_01TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    '03 Polaris Predator, '86 YZ490
    Ditto, I also run Amsoil 10-40 db oil in a 360 and it runs flawless.....