1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2002 cr 250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by z1ben, Sep 3, 2010.

1. z1ben Husqvarna
    C Class

Hello Everyone,
    I'm new to the site as well as Husky's 2-strokes and have been looking at an '02 cr250. I read a few things on here about the cr being the wr only with a 19 in the rear and an ignition. Is this true throughout all years? Are parts interchangable between other 2 stroke models/years? I've also heard Huskies top ends last a long time, is this true for the cr version? Thanks a lot, any other input on this model would be awesome:D
  2. tony_dt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, that is pretty accurate. This motor has stayed the same for years. I have an 02 CR250 and 09 WR250 and the motor looks the same and many parts are shared. I have parts from many different years on my 02.

Yes, the top end lasts forever. I only rebuilt my 02 once and I was supprised to find that it was in great shape and would have lasted longer. I only replaced it because the bike should have needed a new top end with the number of hours it had on it.

Great bike, I wish they would have kept offering the CR 250 and even CR 300.

The most reliable racing bike made IMO.
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Great bikes, period. They are stone reliable and run better than anything out there, IMO. You can even update them to the new body work and no one would even know it's an '02.
  4. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    For sure. Grab it. It's a workhorse. Rev to the moon and live forever.
    Super cheap to keep running if you even need anything.
  5. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    I have an 02 cr250 and love it. Last winter I did the top end (it was the original piston/rings). All it needed was a hone and the bottom end was tight... I put a new piston and rings in. It is very reliable and has never let me down. I did a 800km one day dualsport earlier in the season and it never missed a beat. I regularly ride it 200 km days. It does great in the woods too. Tomorrow I'll ride it to work, just for giggles. I look at other bikes but couldn't imagine parting with the 02. It has been wr'ized with ignition, lights and a road legal plate.:applause::applause::applause:
    I say, snap it up!
  6. husky430 Husqvarna
    C Class

I too recently bought an 02 WR250 after riding a mates 1996 model and absolutely love it. I put a piston and rings in it and had a play with the jetting (still a work in progress as it still needs leaning out a bit down low). As the others have said nothing has really changed over the years, and as one of my favourite sayings go, 'If it aint broke, don't fix it!'. This seems to have been Huskys moto for over a decade now, though I believe that will change in the near future. Grab it with both hands and have some great 2 stroke fun.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I had an 02 CR250 ... it was almost bullet proof ... Used the same piston and rings for 6+ years till I sold it ... It never felt loose and I always handed the other 2t 250 their asses so why change it? The clutch was perfect ... I never even adjusted it for years ... Mostly woods riding and the suspension was still hard as a rock on the last day I rode it ... The bike never got that loose worn out feeling U see from many japan bikes that are 10 yrs old ...

I was working and driving about 16 hrs a day most of that time so maintenance was slim ... just oiled the chain, cleaned the air filter and ride it ... I wish I did not have to sell it ...
  8. z1ben Husqvarna
    C Class

Wow thanks for all the information guys. I am a little torn couse the guy wants 2000 for it. The graphics are torn off one side and the seat is all torn up, plus he has aftermarket pipes but they don't match up with some of the mounts with out the stockers. I know it's not too big of deal, but I'd still like to have them and everything fitted soundly. I'm also looking at a 96 wxc 125. It's in the best condition I've seen on a used bike. Looks like it just came off the show room floor, already has the Keihin carb, new reeds, spare tires and plenty extras/. I have only had big bores, a 510 and 300 EXC, so I am not too sure on a 125. and I can't find any info on a wxc. Anybody familiar with it or could help me lean one way? I'm 5' 10'' 180 so I'm a heavy guy, I usually ride tight woods but do make the occaisonal desert run. Thanks guys, the site is amazing :applause:
  9. z1ben Husqvarna
    C Class