1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2002 husky wr125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by eric125, Aug 22, 2012.

1. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    Looking to see if I have the original jetting in my carb. I took it apart and wrote the numbers down.

400 main
    35 pilot?
    633-r-5?
    38?

Not sure what is what but each never line represents a different part.
    I have been having oil spooge and making sure its not a jetting issue
  2. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    Each line*
  3. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I had the same bike as you (its now a WB 165) and my jetting was exactly the same as yours, I played with the main jets down to 360 and depending on the season (temp and humidity mainly here) the 370 and 380 was the best to go the needle position I changed quite frequently as it made quite some difference in the range and speeds/terrain I ride

the carb is quite sensitive but it have its moments that it really works well

on the new set up i run a 380 man and the rest is again the same the first plug impression is good

but i have to see how it last during the rides and weather changes.

I am open for changing out needles but the problem here is that nothing is available for this type of testing. (and ordering a needle will take considerably time to get here)

Robert-Jan
  4. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    I was going to drop my main jet from 400 to 390 hoping to see if that fixes my oil spooge problem.
    Your thoughts?
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Typically the 400 is going to be too rich for Mass. mountain riding but it varies bike to bike.

I run a 370 in the summer in the North East. 2nd clip from top on needle.

It MAY help the spooge but that is more of a function of how hard you ride the bike and how hot the silencer gets.

Try and and see. If it "burbbles" at Wide open throttle it is generally too rich and if the power just falls off like it is running out of gas it is too lean.

All bets are on you being too lean now.
  6. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    You mean to rich now? And the guy I bought the bike from was doing a 50:1 ratio. And the owners manual says 33:1 so I think I'll
    Change the jet to a 390 and move the clip on the needle up one and try the 33:1 ratio