1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2002 wr125 need help with clutch cable on how its ran

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by eric125, Aug 9, 2012.

1. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    hi, cleaning and fixing up my bike. and iim trying to adjust the clutch cable..but not sure if it is ran properly.. does it go on the left or right side of the frame on the front.. and through the frame were the exhaust goes or next to the bottom of the radiator.. sounds confusing, i know if anyone has a picture thats awesome as well...

i also was wondering if anyone knows hot the exhaust valve works.. is it normally closed and opened when it hits high rpms... the reason i ask, is becuase my bike has a oil drip were the pipe and silencer meet near the air box. it drips oil and assumed this was the issue. i do a ratio of 50:1 any thoughts?

and also looking for a repair manual and a good parts web site. havent riden the bike in 4 years and want to clean it up a lot!

thank you for any info!
    dartyppyt likes this.
  2. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    mine goes on the right, same side as the throttle then through the head braces to the carb also turn throttle body towards rider and run cable behind the bars (rider side) this gives you more to play with.
  3. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    excessive oil drip out of the exhaust can have several causes.

it can be jetting, it can be to much oil mixing and it can be piston wear.

or a combination of these factors

I run a 40: 1 mixture and in the past my jetting was a bit to rich.

the oil dripping stopped more or less completely when i replaced the top end (was due for a replacement)

it came back again over quite a few running hours and it was again solved with a piston replacement

first check your mixture (don't go to lean as the engine does need lubrication).

then look at the jetting (and run a new spark plug) (excessive oil is a problem of not burning it in the process of generating power)

if that is not working to your liking overhaul your top end

Robert-Jan
    JAM likes this.