1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2002 Wr360 - Standard Piston Wear?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by surge, Jan 30, 2012.

1. surge Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR360, 2012 WR300
    Don't worry, I measured the hole, it's well within spec... :banana:

[IMG]

She's cooked! Brand new piston too... 1st ride... I had a hairline crack in the head which was welded, she got hot and the weld let go, and slowly dripped coolant into the barrel while I was trying to get off the mountain and back to where I was staying. She gave up at the gate.

Lesson 1. I guess I should have bought a replacement head...
  2. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    This may sound dumb but could your head / gasket if fitted have been fitted back to front/ upside down ???? as the marks on the jug dont line up where the water passages are
  3. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Man that is tough but there is a post of a member parting a 360....or could an excuse for a decomp head?:-)
  4. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sadly, there's no decomp heads available for purchase unless you get a unit that's used or already been sold.
  5. surge Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR360, 2012 WR300
    Yeah... Those marks look like a backwards head alright! I can assure you it wasn't though, the hole in the piston formed right under the crack in the head, which was where the decompressor had been welded in many moons ago. This is also where I had the head repaired when I bought the bike a few months ago.

I think I'd prefer the unmodified head after all the dramas I've had with this. My original 360 back in the day was a hefty thing to kick, but it seems that when this particular decomp was originally installed that it's weakened the head considerably.
  6. Leepet Husqvarna
    A Class

I know you dont want one but decomp heads are available at R & D Husky http://www.husky.com.au/html/parts/parts.htm
    It's a new casting that seems to be well engineered. I got one a while back and it's been awesome. Not cheap though
  7. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    They still list them but the bloke has stopped doing them.

360 is a breeze to start anyway....if your schwartzeneger!!!

Stu
  8. surge Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR360, 2012 WR300
    Cheers for the heads up lads. Shes going to be put in the garage for a while, I've got a ride coming up in April and have decided to lash out on a new banger, but that's another story.

So I popped the head off again, and as per Johnnys comments above, it looks like there's something amiss between the barrel and head... Or did they come from the factory this mismatched? The holes are waaay out of whack...

[IMG]