2007 inlet rubber

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by PHILinFRANCE, Dec 6, 2015.

1. PHILinFRANCE Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    97 Suzuki DR 650/99 Yamaha TDM 850
    Is that what it's called ???? what ever the rubber between the carb and the motor on my 2007 ....250 TE is cracking and i cant find a new one anywhere here .....or maybe i'm looking for the wrong thing
    Do you guys know where i can get one ????????????? just gonna smear it with silicone for now to help it from getting worse
    Cheers Phil
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Intake manifold.
  3. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    According to the OEM poop it's the union between carb and reed block. It's notorious for cracking and leaking, still available in the states:
    http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/husqvarna/2007/te-250 look in "cylinder"
    There's a member here who's also a Husky dealer in NLD, maybe he can help if you can't find it in FRA.
    I just installed a new one on the 300 and wrapped it in self-amalgamating rubber tape! I doubt silicone will stick for very long.

:cheers:
  4. PHILinFRANCE Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cheers Steve , it isn't leaking YET !!! and using silicone was just an idea perhaps fill the cracks and slow things down but the self-amalgamating rubber tape is a great idea , cheers..................had a quick look at your link and they don't post oem part internationally !!! might have found one in the UK , waiting for an answer !!
    You don't know the name of the Dutch guy on here do you ???

Cheers Phil
  5. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Hi Phil, I thought his name is Erik, but can't find him yet. Maybe someone else will help... Wait! Here he is: http://www.cafehusky.com/members/erik-italhusky.23322/
    Also, there's 2 great dealers in CH Sponsors, Hall's and Bill's, I'm pretty sure at least Hall's will ship internationally.

cheers
    PHILinFRANCE likes this.
  6. PHILinFRANCE Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Good man Steve ................;just hit another hurdle its a UK bike and i'm importing it into France and need a "Certificate of Conformity" from HUSQVARNA !!! to put it on FR plates ................................they don't exist anymore :banghead:
  7. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ben Van Erp in Holland.
  8. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    Mine cracked very early on. I filled the gap and area with Permatex Black gasket maker. It is fuel, oil and temperature resistant and will flex.
    I never replaced the boot itself.
    PHILinFRANCE and NCSteve like this.
  9. PHILinFRANCE Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cheers duggoey , got some 'BLUE' in my tool box , i'll give it a go , not to bothered about colour match
    Phil
  10. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    No worries. I might be telling you something you already know but the different colour sealants have different applications. I don't know what the blue one is designed for. I remember I once accidently got the brown permatex, it wasn't fit for this job as it sets semi hard, you will need a flexible setting type that resists pressure, fuel and temps up to 100-150C
    PHILinFRANCE likes this.
  11. PHILinFRANCE Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thats told me never even gave it a thought but yes your right its all colour coded , to be honest the rubber has to be 8mm thick and yes the surface has crazed cracks and i'm probably being over causes , but better to be safe than sorry .................sorced a new one in the UK £68 !!! ouch !!! but will get it for the future

On another subject .....i've just found out how to get the airfilter out ! what a dick head !!! i nearly started taking the rectifier and bits of when is saw the battery case hinge:banana: simples when you know how :oldman:

Cheers Phil