1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2007 Te250 Parts Discontinued, Any Alternatives?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by JefaunTe250, Aug 25, 2020.

?

Replace or Repair?

Replace 1 vote(s) 50.0%
Repair 1 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. JefaunTe250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Te300 (Husaberg)
    I've got some issues with rubbers degrading along my air intake/fuel delivery line, the following parts I need to replace but I have called around Hall's Cycles and a few places and been told they are not available at all...

air cleaner connecting tube - 8000A0681
    mainfold, intake - 8000A5737

Air cleaner connecting tube has a serious failure, i'll try to attach a photo if I can but the hose running between the cylinder head and connecting tube is sheared off at the fillet. Manifold intake boot is simply weathered and showing signs of cracking.

I've heavily duct-taped the connecting tube to try to get it to not leak and used silicon gasket sealant to try to stop the weathered boot from cracking further but I really want to get my hands on some fresh parts or have some advice on how I can fix these guys properly?

Attached Files:

2. dirtrider0129 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Unfortunately you are now one of the many of us who are facing the same issues. These parts are no longer manufactured as you just found out... You have options to fix depending on how crafty your are.
    Here is a thread on ADV rider that I started to get some advice regarding fixing perished rubber intake parts: https://advrider.com/f/threads/reproducing-obsolete-unavailable-rubber-intake-parts.1447716/

I have a NOS 8000A5737 that will not fit my 510 that I would be willing to part with. PM me if you're interested
  3. Sjiefke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna 510 SMR '10
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R '07
  4. Feroz Khan Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 2006
  5. Feroz Khan Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 2006
    Hi Guys i am from India and own a TE250 2006. I have been facing the same problem and being so far away does make it all the more challenging as we don't have a strong husky presence here so for every part i have to source it out of Europe or US and pay a bomb for duties and courier charges. we don't have a big culture here on dirt bike's so don't even have online stores here that sell dirt bike parts. On the intake boot i have searched high and low and finally started working on making one out of aluminium,i have reached this far with the job, once this turns out to be successful maybe i can share more on it to help others or even make one for you guys. see images. since my rubber flange is damaged i might use the base that goes on the cylinder from my old intake manifold and bridge the gap if any with a regular rubber union with clamps. lets hope it works.

Attached Files:

6. aricbeaver Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE450
  7. dirtrider0129 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice! I applaud you for taking the initiative to custom make a solution! Which model inlet is the aluminum piece designed around; 250 or 450/510?
    Having custom made something similar for my 510 (not as good looking, though) I ran into some weird low end performance issues when just using a piece of tubing to connect the inlet to the outlet of the carburetor. It came down to the "trips" as the the diameter changes from the outlet of the carb, to the ID of the hose, then back to the inlet of the engine. Using a DRZ400 carb union (only $20 new) solved the issue as it provide a more consistent flow path for the fuel/air mixture.
    Here is a link to my TE510 build on ADV rider:
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/te510-rebuild-upgrade-im-probably-going-to-regret-this.1421354/page-3
    WoodsChick likes this.
  8. gringostd Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 (2006) / TE410 (2000)
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950 Adventure (2005)
    @aricbeaver - awesome part! Thanks for doing this.
    Just to confirm, Husky lists different part numbers for the 250, 400, and 450-510. Can you confirm that this part you've made will, in fact, fit the 250 (before I order)?
    Thanks!
    WoodsChick likes this.
  9. aricbeaver Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE450
    @dirtrider0129 and @gringostd, From what I read it the part numbers are different shared between the 250, 450, and 510. I've sold quite a few of these and no one has complained about fitment issues. Can anyone confirm that purchased one it works on the 250 bike? I will accept returns of this if it doesn't fit. In fact, if it doesn't fit you should ship me the broken one and I will engineer one to fit. First 3D printed, then sent to the machine shop.

Also here is an updated link to purchase the manifolds (I am protesting eBay, they completely rip off their sellers):
    https://aricbeaver.bigcartel.com/pr...-a-husqvarna-2003-2007-sm-tc-te-250-450-510cc
    shrubitup likes this.
  10. vintageveloce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    I love that aricbeaver is making parts!
    That said, is there a chance parts from the SWM 300R will fit?
  11. Riksha Husqvarna
    AA Class

12. Angsty Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R1

For anyone currently dealing with this problem, claussstudios.com makes this replacement part. We have to support folks like these that keep old bikes running.
    There is a typo in the part number and it's missing a zero, but I emailed them to confirm it is the correct replacement part (AND NEW!).
    You can find the Airbox Connector 2003-2007 here:
    https://claussstudios.com/store/p825/Husqvarna_Airbox_Connector_2003-2007_800A0681.html
    Matt Crawley likes this.
  13. Vadim Gutnik Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 te450
    Other Motorcycles:
    drz400s
    Cpd direct - they are swm delaers, I bought the all these parts from them, original husqvarna parts with husky scratched off. Use your husky part number.