1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2007 WR 250 Drain Plug Stripped

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by oneal, Jul 10, 2013.

1. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    Hi all ive just got myself another 07 Wr 250. But when i was going through the bike and taking the skid plate off i noticed it was wet around the drain plug. It looks like the plug was put in without the sealing washer and damaged the thread. The question is does anyone know what the thread pitch is, so maybe i could look at trying to clean up the internal thread in the cases. Or maybe get the right timesert threaded inserted into the cases. Ive already ordered a new drain and washer from my local husky dealer but im expecting the worst. The bike is in really good condition apart from this minor problem.
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That is a big thread and should be easy to fix.

You can even try that loctite Form-a-Thread stuff.
  3. Doug Piper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 SM250
    Once you get it sorted change the oil by removing clutch cover, this cover has a o-ring gasket so saves time taking sump plate off etc.
  4. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks guys for the ideas, but what i really need is to know what the tread pitch is on the drain plug so i can order the right time cert kit.
  5. Husky maniac Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    If the thread is damaged I wouldn't bother cleaning it up I would be banging a time sert straight a lot stronger and you won't be neverous doing or undoing your drain bolt in the future but sorry I can't help you on the thread pitch
  6. Doug Piper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 SM250
  7. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just a quick update the new drain plug came today from my husky dealer. And as luck as it the internal thread on the cases turned out to be in good shape. So it was a case of fit the new drain plug and sealing washer and fill with oil and test, and im please to say no oil leaks. i think i got way lucky on this one. Thanks again for everyones input