1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2007 wr125 ignition coil.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by InarPadari, Feb 4, 2021.

1. InarPadari Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna WR125 2007
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta Xtrainer 2019 Yamaha YZ139 1999
    Hey!

Is there a good way to test if the ignition coil from said bike it up to spec? part nr. 800066418
    I can't find any specs for it either.

I have measured the primary coil to have no continuity. The secoundary coil has resistance of 5,7k ohm without the spark plug cap. seems kind of low, no?

The thing is that the bike easily starts, but really bogs when under medium to high load. its not a lean bog either. feels more like flooding. having checked everything else and messed with jetting with only negligeable results, I think weak spark is to blame for it.

The stator trigger side checks out at 120 ohms. the lighting side doesn't generate voltage tho.
    But having no lights on the bike and it being a seperate system I would think it doesn't matter.

Any advice it highly appreciated. And sorry for polluting the forum with my problem.

Best regards,
    Inar
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Have you checked the power valve to make sure it isn't sticking? I had a bike (not a WR) once that had a dirty power valve, and it wouldn't open up all the way. I manually operated it, and found it to be very sticky. Once I opened it up all the way, it also wouldn't return. A complete disassemble of the system, and thorough cleaning of the parts fixed everything.