1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2007 WR125 tips

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PJW, Dec 25, 2009.

1. PJW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just bought a pretty clean 07 WR 125 from the boys at Toy Tech(good guys, good deal), wondered if anyone had any heads up for setting it up for my 13yrold 120lb son moving up from a KTM XC85/SX105. Thanks in advance.
  2. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

Try to have controls and handle bar set-up the same as his ktm,will make him feel familiar with the same set-up.
  3. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

You will probably need softer springs on both ends. Motosporz and LT Racing have them.

The plastic flap that hangs down from the airbox and goes between the rear tire and swingarm – it will cut two holes in the swingarm eventually. Put some type of a guard in place.

The steerer tube has a slot cut in it (for euro steering lock). This will let water and gas right into your bearings. Plug this.

Fork oil is really high, like 80mm. Drop to 110 to 140. I have found that it is real easy to bind the forks with the lower clamp bolts. I only torque them to 13 pounds.

Stock spark plug cap is garbage. Replace with a NGK before it causes problems.

I would replace the Mikuni with a Keihin PWK

Ignition cover has a gap at the bottom to drain water. I seal it and remove the cover often to let it air out.

Ignition is not the strongest so make sure coil ground it clean and tight.

Keep an eye on the swingarm, lower shock, and front wheel bearings. I have had good luck with the others. I shoot some grease in the zirks after every wet ride just so I never have to service them.

Loctite rear sprocket bolts.

Loctite the both lower engine mounts and check them regularly.

Put anti seize on the bolts that hold the side panels to the sub frame and don’t tighter too much.

Get one of those “cable lubers” so you can force oil through the clutch cable every once in a while.

Anti seize both axels.

Safety wire the pins that hold the brake pads in or use cotter pins.

Also see this thread http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1405
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Not to hijack this thread but how are your injuries NWRider?

Hope you are healing well,
    Walt
  5. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've been walking all of December. I am working on getting the stregth and fleixibility back. It will be at least a couple more months before I can ride:(