1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2008 CR 125 Clutch Questions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Henner Mx, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Henner Mx Husqvarna
    B Class

Just throwin this out there to see if its just me. Baught this bike brand new a month and a half ago as a left over (sweet deal) I am in NY and ive chosen to go back to my roots and ride this bike in the Lites Expert to prove it can be done on a 125. So far very good results love the bike but heres the problem my clutch is slipping down low what i meen is out of the turns u can feel it kinda slide then it gets going. Doesnt do it off the line or wide opens it pulls great and wheelies all the time kinda wierd and yes i am abusing the clutch as all 125s need to have done to go fast. So with that said i put new plates in and still seemed to do it so then i put KX250F springs in it and it seemed to help but now the clutch pull is rly hard and im not liken it. So any body with input on better husky springs or aftermarket parts to keep a light pull but stop the slipping would be great i wanna prove the little 125 can be up front. Thanks
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have an 08 Cr125 Husky and no clutch slippage for me. I run the Shell Rotell 15w -40 in the white jug. I am not sure if this makes any difference or not. Hey PM ajaxauto he's a CR 125 racer and should be able to help you out. Good luck.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have over 2 full years of racing and hundreds of non race miles on a stock 2008 CR 125 clutch My 2006 CR 125 had almost 4 years before George at Uptite rebuild the motor and the clutch was still usable ,but we replaced it I have no idea why you are having a problem but something is wrong As for oil i do use Motorex 15/50 Best thing you can do to a Husky 125 for overall riding is gear it down to a 52 tooth in the rear That works for me from tight single track to wide open desert
  4. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1 on that, makes the rpm range much more usable.

i just put my standard clutch back in(from EFM) and its a bit noisey but its not slipping that ive notice. i also use rotella 15-40.

might pull your plates aout just to see if they might be warped. if so pm me and we might be able to work something out, ive got 5 extra steels that came with the bike im not using.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

See I told ya he would know.
  6. Henner Mx Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks guys for the info i did put the 52th sprocket on before i even rode the bike as most ppl on here did lots of good info. the only way i can describe its like it sides into gear so to speak kinda just slips before it hooks up and goes. as for oil ive been using maxima mtl 80wt in all my 2strokes for years without failure and like i said this bike is only 6 weeks old and im thimkin somthins just not right i took the pressure plate back off and you can see plain as day the plates arent rubbing all the way around it so maybe that was warped from the factory seems odd but maybe.
  7. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

I have an 08 cr 144 ... I'm really ignorant when it comes to clutches and clutching ... that said .. I've always thought my clutch wasn't quite right. So few people ride 125's these days its tough to find someone that you can sit on it and get an educated opinion. Mine does the same thing ... sometimes ... let out the clutch and you hear/feel it spin a bit and then finally grab and engage. I've never opened mine up to look. I've run rotella full synth in the blue can and the other stuff in the white can. I've also run castrol gear saver and right now it has some castrol 4t 10w 40. doesn't seem to matter was goes in it.
  8. Henner Mx Husqvarna
    B Class

Ok so last night i took everything back apart with my dealer on the phone and heres what i found. 1 the pressure plate is only touching the plates in 3 spots not all the way around so deff not flat. 2 in the face of the pressure plate theres a cut out for oil to get at the washer and bearing and the castings were never cleaned out and it left a high spot causing the pressure plate to sit uneven and also starving the bearing of oil. So with that said i guess i found the problem i hope.
  9. Henner Mx Husqvarna
    B Class

Skid thats exactly what mine does hope my post above may help you also.