1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2008 cr 125 rear sag

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Pedec, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I was just wondering what people are running for rear sag on there huskys. I have the ohlins rear shock and ran 110mm sag last year. I am thinking about maybe trying 105mm or 100mm sag. Thanks for any help. Also what is the proper torque for triple clamp bolts, I have them at 15 ft/lbs I have heard 10ft/lbs but that sound loose.
  2. HuskyMXR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mine was around 90 when I rode my 2011 WR125 last weekend. Granted it was mostly sand, but it seemed to corner fine for me, very stable.
  3. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

well i'm about 164 lbs plus gear and run 25mm static at the min. once it dries up i'll sort rider sag out. seems spot on at the min tho.
  4. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If it has same travel as the 2011 and 2010 then you have 11.6" or 295mm of rear wheel travel. Mine had too soft a rear on it. You want about 30mm of static sag. 25 may not be too bad but you do want about 101mm of rider sag. That is all you need. (100-103mm). The Husky doesn't have quite as much travel as a KTM or Jap bike but the action is quite good so you don't need as much if you have it correctly setup. I had to go from the stock 5kg to a 6kg. I weigh 185lbs. A 5.8kg gave me a 25mm static and 103mm rider sag. I had to come down from the stock .42kg forks spring to a .40kg. If I weighed ANY less I would have gone to a .38kg. You are looking for 75mm rider sag and about 40mm static. My bike is plush but firm on big hits.
  5. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for help so far. I weigh about 190 pounds and stock springs seem ok the forks have 50mm sag with me sitting on bike and 30 mm free sag the shock has 110mm sag with me on bike and 28mm free sag which is funny for a 125. My sons bike 2010 yz 125 is way to soft for my weight.
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Stock springs are not OK. You want 75mm of rider sag on the fork not 50mm. I believe you will also need about a .40kg fork spring as I did. You want about 40mm stactic sag which is sag of bike under its own weight ONLY. Rider sag is with you on the bike. If you get the shock rider sag set correctly at about 100mm you won't have enough static sag at all. The back end will sit very tall and make it hard to throw a leg across it. Also without enough static sag, small chop will feel very harsh. I bet you will end up close to what I have. What weight spring is on the bike ?
  7. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not sure what weight springs are in bike but it still stock what came in bike