1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2008 cr165 needs new connecting rod

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Pedec, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

After freind split motor we found everything is good but connecting rod bearing is bad. So we are going to replace everything else while apart. So my question is what the best way to replace connecting rod bearing and what parts should I order so I do not forget anything. Thanks.
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I would replace both main bearings and seals, and check all the other bearings and seals in the cases. With it completely apart it probably isn't a bad time to just replace all the seals. A seal/o-ring kit isn't that expensive. You are going to need a gasket kit anyway so order the seal kit at the same time.
  3. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So should I split crank to get bearing off or order crank with one already on Sorry for sounding dumb just not sure what the processes since I have never had to replace connecting rod bearing on this motor before. Also I will probably be sending you my head off my 2013 wr 125 to be made into 165 and need a 200sx pipe also.
  4. uranys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00 wr360/02 wr360/09 wr125/09 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 xr600r
    Are you talking about the big end bearing? If you are, the crank needs to be pressed apart to replace it and then it would need to be trued. If you don't have experience doing it I would recommend sending/taking it to someone that does.
    wallybean likes this.
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

You need to just install a new rod kit. Maybe someone on here can give you advice as to who makes what and how much. I know Pro-x makes a $90 kit but don't know of its quality. I don't know how much the husky oem kit is. Buying a brand new crank will be very spendy. Just send down your top end and will get you fixed up.
  6. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I did this once. Bought the Rod kit complete (rod, bearing, pin) from Bills Motorcycles and had a local guy who does this all the time split the crank and press it back together and true it. Not something you don't want to do without the skills and tools. Luckily we have a guy here local that does this all the time. Was not to much $$ and done right. Very important to get someone to do it that has done it and fully understands the process.
    MotoMarc36 likes this.
  8. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The father of the guy who split the motor owns a machine shop and sound very confadent he can true it perfect think I will give him a try at it. Thanks for all the help.
  9. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    I recommend calling Cooksey Crank for rebuilding. He does really good work. He rebuilt mine for my 125 and it is now a very smooth running engine.

Crank alignment is very important, so make sure whoever rebuilds it knows what they are doing.
    Motosportz likes this.
  10. uranys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00 wr360/02 wr360/09 wr125/09 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 xr600r
    I've got the pro-x rod kit in my motor. Can't speak to it's reliability as it was just done but in general I find pro-x's stuff to strike a nice balance between quality and affordability.
  11. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC

Pretty sure he's only doing KTM cranks now.
  12. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    No, he specializes in KTM's but if you send him the rod kit with the crank, he will rebuild it for a very reasonable price. Like I said, he just did mine this year.
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

There are a number of guys that do great work rebuilding cranks. RB Design, Cooksey Cranks, etc. I know I would tend to want to have somebody that does this type of thing on a regular basis do the work on my crank. Of course time and cost can be an issue but I just like using the tried and true shops. JMO
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep. RB Design did mine.
  15. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I have replaced my rod for a Pro x and did change all the bearings for the micro bleu ones
    runs really well

did the replacement of the rod locally (need to have somebody with skills) the bearings are not cheap but are the real deal if you ask me

Robert-Jan