1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2008 cr165 race update

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Pedec, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just got done second off-road race on my 165 and got 3rd palce that is about 20 places better than last year this bike works. The wb165 is a offroad weapon.
    Motosportz, john01 and wallybean like this.
  2. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    :thumbsup: There is a hint of happiness in your post.
  3. socalscott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    N/A
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas 300/KTM 200MXC/Scorpa SY250
    'less is more'
  4. socalscott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    N/A
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas 300/KTM 200MXC/Scorpa SY250
    My bad. Congrats, that level of improvement is confounding.
  5. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Had the second day race and got third again so third overall which is great. I was in second for third lap but had a little tip over and got passed again. Was a lot of fun and being a open class I never felt like I was being out pulled by 450 and could catch and pass a lot in tight stuff. I am very vary happy with bike and adding 25 % vp c12 did get rid of high end knock great weekend. The WB 165, 200sx pipe, lectron carb is all anybody needs for a off road bike.

Attached Files:

john01 and Xcuvator like this.
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Well done Pedec ! Awesome work for an old fella on an old 08 LOL . Fatty pipe?
  7. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think it a fatty whatever WB recommended for low mid power and it seems to work, I am not sure what a small displacment 2 stroke bog is anymore.
    sabortooth likes this.
  8. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Do you think a pipe with a bit more top end would be better or is top end fine with fatty?
  9. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

For off-road riding,racing top end is fine and bottom mid is really good almost like a 200sx. My 2012 250 sx still feels way stronger everywear but the cr165 is so much fun to ride and very controllable power but very fast. The lectron carb also make it feel more crisp everywhere. After 1 1/2 hour race with a mix of very slow single track to fast sand track section I have no spooge out silencer. When I start bike it sounds almost like it lean on bottom but never bogs off bottom when ridden, If I am in to tall a gear it does not a bog just pulls a little slower not a bog still smooth for a 1/4 second then gets right back into quick reving power which I seem to use more now and ride bike a gear higher than I use too. Also on really nasty slow steep climbs in lower gear with good traction bike just chugs it way up like no small bore 2 cycle should do. There a couple riding buddys that ride 300 gasgas or 300 ktm that can believe the way this bike can climb.
    huskybear likes this.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sweet and congrats! I have the same set up but with the APT carb and love the way the bike runs too. Perfect balance of power and handling! Walt hit a grand slam with the WB165 :applause:. Enjoy and good luck in you future races :cheers:.