1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2008 Marzoochi fork fix

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by eman, Mar 17, 2012.

1. eman Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250
    Hello all,

can anyone help with improving the fork on my 2008 Wr250. the standard spring weights are ok for my weight and i have recently taken it to a suspension tuner with some improvement. the fork has a harsh spot about mid stroke. on the grass track it will not fall into a nice arc around corner, i seem to be constantly making steering corrections.

Is there a know fork fix? can a change to a Yamaha front end? Do i sell it and buy a GAS GAS or TM?
    Got to be the worst fork i have experienced.
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Peadro from the factory for the zokes spent a week with Zip Ty Racing and he gave all the secerts of how to make them work to Ty So send you forks to Zip Ty Racing
    Then make room on you self for the trophies you will start getting Becsause once dialed in they work
  3. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    If it is the 50mm zokes, the single best thing I did to them was install the SKF fork seals. Can't believe how much smoother the forks became after that, almost zero stiction now.
  4. eman Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250
    Ok will contact Zip Ty and see what they can do for me here in australia.
  5. eman Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250
    the 2008 wr 250 has the single chamber 45mm fork. my suspension guy, machined the bush landing to help with stiction. when i get off my yz and onto the husky i feel disapointed.

i was speaking with a husky rider at recent 2day enduro and he said something about a valving kit or cartridge that is avilable in canada! heard of anything like this? I have even tried contacting husky in Italy for some help, no reply.
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Call Ian @ Rider's Edge suspension in Canada. He has a new valve that flows more oil/new shim stack. I used several tuners with no results till I did the valves. Plus, you can install them yourself. I would at least call him and listen to what he will tell you.

Go under common topics then suspension set up. I posted pics of valves on there.
  7. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I just had my forks and shock revalved by Les at LTR. Forks now seem better than the twin chambers on the KX I had and they have very little stiction. He said he uses stock seals, thinks there the best.
  8. eman Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250
    i have since contacted ian at riders edge i am going to try his valve kit and set up tips. thankyou to those that made the effort to help. Hard to get advise on husky set up in Australia, even the factory enduro team here don't seem willing to help.
  9. erigre Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I have three Huskys and all the Marz forks have needed a lot of $ and time to make work. I wonder why doesn't Peadro do the work before they deliver them? I suppose Husky (or BMW) figured it out and went with a different supplier.
    Sorry for the rant, it just baffles me...
  10. Lincolnlock Husqvarna
    AA Class

I ran the 50mm Zokes on my old tc450. I got rid of some of the harshness by reducing the oil level of the forks by 30mm. Also I used silkrolene 5wt oil. Sounds like the valve from Canada is promising. If it were me I would send them to LTR and be done with them. If you feel like tinkering though, you could try what I did.
  11. eman Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250
    i think i have stumbled upon the fix. i will consider buying a 2012 model with KYB front and rear:)
    john01 and Lincolnlock like this.
  12. metal_miracle Husqvarna
    AA Class

what worked for me was..
    moving the spring preload a little softer

and align the forks as good as i could..
  13. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    I'm no expert. But I had a mechanic revalve my forks (45mm zokes) a while back with great results. He updated them to a more modern fork saying that he changed the valve holes from 7 to 11 for more adjustability. He also used shock oil because of results he has found. Also, he set the oil height to 135mm. I was a set back on the height but he said just give it a try and if it's not good, he would change it. Guess what, he was right. I weigh 205 and am using the stock springs and use all but the last 10mm of the stroke when riding full speed. That's not bottoming. That's using the travel. Best part is the harshness it gone. It soaks up everything. It's no factory job but he seemed to make the harsh feel go away. That was the main goal.
  14. Parh 474 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 Cr125, '06 Cr125/144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ossa, Bultaco, Puch, Maico, AJS, Yam
    For the 45mm Zokes on an '06 Cr125, I can second using Rider's Edge in B.C., Canada. I used his valve and shim stack advise and made a weird handling bike act normal.
  15. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have an extra set if you want to save time revalving them in the states.....cheap.

They are off an '06 and are like new...they were replaced right away with the FBF "Works" forks.