2008 te510 running lean? backfires/surging

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by huskyrapawai, Sep 15, 2014.

1. huskyrapawai Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqarvarna te510
    I'v recently bought a 08 te510 from a bike store as a none runner with aparent loom issues. I have instald a new loom and the bike is now running but not corectly. It will idle but under load it crackles & backfires. seems like a airfuel mix issue....i was told that some people are having trouble with cracks in the rubber union between efi nd intake.....which does appear to have cracks on my bike. Could someone confirm this or share ur own similar issues so i can eliminate them as my problem.
  2. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Your issue might be your TPS. There's a lot of little things that need to be checked. An easy way to check would be to put a little bit of silicone on the cracks and let it dry, then see if the bike runs any different. Have you checked the valve specs at all. We need some more info on what you have done. Some pics could be good also.
    huskyrapawai likes this.
  3. Tetley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Check and clean the tiny filter inside the injector. I had the same symptoms on my 450 - only needs a very small amount of dirt to block it. The engine will start and idle, but leans right out under load, missfires, backfires, low power, and the exhaust glows bright red.
    huskyrapawai and 268fords like this.
  4. Tetley Husqvarna
    AA Class

5. huskyrapawai Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqarvarna te510
    Hey guys thanks for the feedback.....i didnt realise my post had been moderated till now. Since september i have replaced the throttle body union & fuel pump filter but still surging/backfire etc. There is no tiny filter in the fuel line between fuel pump & injector.....i will purchase 1 today nd see if that solves the issue. Also should i be cleaning the injector as it has been run without this filter in the fuel line? My service/owners manual states that it should be run on 98 octane....do u all use 98 only?
  6. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Like Tetley said, clean the tiny little filter INSIDE the fuel injector, I just sprayed some carb cleaner into the supp;y side where the filter is and let it come spraying back out towards me. then air dry it.

I run 93 octane with only a very little knocking in the hottest weather.