1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2008 WR 250 Restoration Thread

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Justin WR250, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Justin WR250 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250
    So I wanted to get my WR looking good again so I thought I'd throw up so pictures as I go along.

First off here's what I'm starting off with. I have owned it from day one and it was the first 08 WR Canada.

[IMG]

You can't see it in this picture but the air box has a huge crack, all the exhaust mounts are broken off, and all the plastics are cracked and broken. Oh and the rads are so bent and crushed they probably don't do anything anymore. Oh and if you want those frame guards anyone R & D Husqvarna.

So step one was to strip her down and get her blasted. That's what the frame looked like after blasting and a $150 bill.

[IMG]

Then off to the powder coaters.

[IMG]

Semi gloss black is what I chose.

I got way more to post if I see some interest. I have all the parts just waiting for piston to start putting it back together. Stuff like ASV C6 lever's, Warp 9 oversized rads, 7602 rad guards and braces, Fasst Flex Bars with custom mount for trail tech. This should help out the LT Racing Suspension and Scott Steering stabilizer. Also got Custom graphics, pro circuit port, polish, and head work. Driveonit.com skid plate. And tones of other stuff that I`m forgetting.

If I see interest I will continue posting.
    Bart, dartyppyt, JPinNC and 3 others like this.
  2. Justin WR250 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250
  3. Justin WR250 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250
  4. Justin WR250 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250
  5. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    So I am interested. Let's see you put that stuff back together.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep I'm following along. I may treat my WB165 next winter.
  7. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Subscribed!
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
  9. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    Love a good rebuild, carry on.
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Go for it:thumbsup: . I am in same boat but don't have time to do the full restoration/upgrade. I will post some latest pics of my build.
  11. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yeah, show us what ya' got.
  12. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    I'm in too, always enjoy a good rebuild thread!
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Man that is a crazy amount of bar rise!!! Contact Seat Concepts from this site for the best seat going. Good buddy of mine has almost 7000 hard off road miles on his 07 and it is still going strong. All he has really done is replace the piston about every 1000 miles and weld up the pipe mounts that keep breaking. SOLID bikes for sure.
  14. Justin WR250 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250
    The bar rise looks like a lot but the bars are very flat with little bend so it really isn't that much more than stock. Plus I ride standing almost all the time so it feels better with the tall bars, don't have to be hunched over the bike as much. Plus I like the Scotts Damper. I have the same problem as your buddy with the exhaust mounts. The main frame ones have been done twice and the sub frame three times. The guy has reinforced the two sub frame ones so it should be better than before. And for the seat I'm getting it slightly cut so it gives a lower seat height and a gripper seat cover is going to be installed. Like I said I rarely sit. Basically on steep hill climbs, turns and when I'v lost my balance in some tight technical section and need to get my feet on the ground (Lower seat height will help).

Oh and before I forget Motosportz (For got your real name sorry)

I just bought a KEIHIN 38mm Airstryker off you. The carb is set like this:

45 Pilot Jet
    175 Main Jet
    Blue Needle 3rd clip
    1 1/2 turns out on air screw

Is this the set up for the WR 250? Just want to make sure.

So here are my new rads I got as you can tell the guy welding them didn't have a clue what he was doing and welded the bottom sections on the wrong way.

Langley-20120318-00309.jpg

Here is the side view of the new ones I have no idea why the picture is so big. On Warp 9's site they say 25% more, looks more like 35-40.

Langley-20120316-00304.jpg

So the guy who fixed the frame also remounted the bottom chambers on the rad so they will be on the right side. These are 7602 rad braces. The fit is perfect small amount of cutting required on the back rad mount. The one you don't see in the picture. Small enough that you could almost use an aggressive file.

IMG-20120401-00318.jpg

This just shows the the back of the braces and the useless 1.1 rad cap warp 9 sends out with their rads. Will be getting a 1.6 from tusk. Also the rads have been fixed in this picture

IMG-20120401-00319.jpg

These are with the guards installed. These fit nicely and are so far my favorite guards/braces. The last ones I had were just wrap around guards and they did nothing to protect from bending.

IMG-20120401-00320.jpg

I will try and get some more pictures up through out the week. Still waiting for a pile of parts from Tasky's and my silicon rad hoses. Last thing will be a DC conversion and a Trail Tech X2 HID. Still have tones in between then. Only thing that will be stock after all is said and done is frame, wheels, triple clamps, engine covers, plastics, and swing arm)
  15. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Looks Sweet! Keep the pics coming!
  16. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Watching the thread Juz...stop teasing too and carry on with more pics :thumbsup:
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That seat in the 'before' shot has some pretty nifty duck tape work ... Professional grade even ....
  18. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Where about's are you in Canada.. Just wondering because I'm in Ontario and want to paint my 2006 WR250 someday and wondering who did your powder coating and how much..

Also wondering where you are getting your silicone hoses from.. I just got a set of Samco in black from UK and they are real purdy.. Cheers.. :thumbsup:
  19. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That PWK jetting looks like what I have in my WR250 now.
  20. Justin WR250 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250
    Sand blasting the original paint off was the costly part. I used a you blast place and it ran me 175 bucks. The powder coating wasaround 145. The silicone hoses are from a company called OPP Racing I got my hoses in red to contrast of the black frame. I belive they are located in the UK as well. Last answer to youy question I live in the lower mainland of BC.