1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2009:250/300 Lectron fitment.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 454x, Aug 16, 2013.

1. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    For all of us that have an 09 and newer with a Lectron. When I bought mine last December I didn't know how long it would be. It was diffult to get in between the intake and air boot. This really bothered me so I called Kevin at Lectron and asked if it could be cut down on the reed side to better fit the intake better , he said no problem just make sure to have the sealing groove machined accordingly. So I had everything cut down and it fit much better but still not good enough for me. Next I called Ann at Motoxotica and ordered an intake manifold for a 2008 which uses the old longer tmx. The result is a perfect fit and the carb is easy to get in and out. My shock spring barely touches the airboot.I couldn't be happier with the results. As an added benefit the carburation is even better since there is a stronger air signal going past the metering rod.
  2. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    That's a cool, simple fix. Thanks, I'll try it!
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We do sell the shorty carb now, cut down as far as it can go. Thanks for the great info. :cheers:
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I haven't fitted up my lectron yet(have the first version) is it that much of a pain in the arse to fit? do I really need to get it machined or buy a new intake boot or both? don't really want anything touching or rubbing. im having second thoughts now as to whether I should just buy the cut down version & on sell the first gen 1.
  5. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    On my 09 it was only slightly harder then fitting the stock carb. I was worried after what I read, but seems fine.
    lankydoug likes this.
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    good to hear rob, will give it a go & hopefully as you say
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR