1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2009 CR125 First ride...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jmetteer, Feb 16, 2011.

1. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    This thing is Tons of fun! Thanks to Bill from Bills MC plus for getting it set up and rolling.

I broke it in at a MX/GP course combo, 4 mile GP course and a 1.5 mile MX course. It was very hard to ride it easy but I did as good as I could for the first half hour of engine time and let it rip more and more after that.

Here are some video's from the first ride...

Pre ride video of the bike...
    [IMG]

This is after a few heat cycles, chasing my friend Don on his YZ450 and still not hitting full throttle much...
    [IMG]

Here is the first time I really let it rip. Just me riding by myself mostly.
    [IMG]

On to the GP course for the first time, chasing Don again. Part 1
    [IMG]
    Part 2
    [IMG]
    More GP chasing Josh on a WR250f...
    [IMG]
    More video's from the same day some riding the TXC and a few other 125 video's

Later,
  2. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Way cool Jake we built some more today.I love to watch your videos !! great job again.!!
  3. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

you have no idea how lucky you are to have a place like that to ride. that looks like heaven to me[IMG]
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Nice!
    and super job on breaking-in the motor nice and easy [IMG]

In all seriousness, that looked and sounded like a ton of fun.
    Looks like you could turn at will and hold lines without issue. Suspension did look rough (even through the vid), but that's only temporary.

How's the low end feel? It seems like you were able to clear some of the mx jumps pretty easily while out of the power.
    Is there anything going on down low?

Real nice outside pass you put on your buddy Josh [IMG]
    I'm sure that stung his pride a little.

Heading out there for my break in ride this weekend. Unless its a sheet of ice.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I will most likely be out there to on my 360. Hope to see ya. Jake you going again? Looks like the only snow free zone right now.
  6. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    Welcome to the club Jake. I'm pretty sure this is the most fun I've had on a bike.
  7. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Thanks poynedexter, we are pretty lucky here in the PNW, but don't forget it rains here all year...:D

Yep PC it is VERY hard to ride this bike easy. Just wants to go.:applause:

The chassis is like home, same as my TC and TXC. I adjusted the forks though, they were below the third line where a 4th line would be. I pulled them up to the second line to improve stability and stop the front end from wanting to push in flat turns. Before that it was a touch twitchy for Eddieville.

It is a 125 it has no low end... you wan't low end ride your 300. :lol: It does pull fine from low rpm's, but it is not going to rip your arms off. It has a spot I hit a couple times that it will just stop pulling if you hit it. It reminds me of Shanes WR when he first got it but not nearly as bad. You can see it in the video of me on the mx track by my self about 3-1/2 minutes in going up the up hill. If you hit it the only way out is to clutch or shift. The harder you ride it the better it works...

Nah Josh is fine with it, he is hauling ass these days. We are just out having a good time.

What day are you heading out?

What day are you heading out?

Thanks Matt, They are really fun. The CR is better though. :lol:

Are you heading out to Horn for the NMA opener Sunday?

Later,
  8. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

These are fun bikes! My 144 has the CR ignition on it and it will pull down low very well. Make sure the power valve spring has some preload on it and get one of the RM needles. I am using the stock carb now and it seems to work as well as the PWK. Maybe a bit less down low and a bit more up top but either way not a big difference.

I didn't spend more then 30 minutes being easy on my 144 and my last 125 and had no problems.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Whats all the commotion about, its a freaking 125 :D

[IMG]
  10. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    Well now I know where to get a CR ignition for mine from [IMG]

No, I'm skipping this one. The prospect of 2.5 hours of sand and whoops isn't enough to get me to drive the 5 hours out there.
  11. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I am with you on that one, might hit Eddieville Sunday again with Kelly and PC if it all works out. You should head down for a 125 fest. [IMG]

Later,
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'll be on 3 125's (360) :p

I think PC is going Sat and i might too.
    water racer likes this.
  13. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    I'm planning to hit Walker Sunday, but plans could change.
  14. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Sat. for sure for me.
    Sunday is for watching SX, bbq and cold beers [IMG]
  15. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    But SX is live saturday night? That is why I am going Sunday...[IMG]

Later,
  16. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I'll record it and watch it later. On any Saturday!
  17. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Better shut off your phone and email because I will be sharing the results with you as soon as it is over. [IMG]

Later,
  18. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Very cool videos thanks for sharing. I love the track and the CR; great combo.
  19. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    No joke about that soft spot.... I was having trouble keeping the motor out of it all day.
    Once past it though, that little motor sings pretty good. Getting into the power and watching the front end slowly start to rise was awesome!
    It's fast enough to be fun, but not so fast you find yourself in panic situations very often.

The handling and traction are off the charts! The bike just sticks to anything and line changes are effortless.
    I am really, really impressed with the handling and braking action. The suspension needs attention and the bog needs fixing, but it'll get sorted out. I'll try the PWK next time and see if the bog is improved or not. I'm kinda thinking my PV's need adjusting and that may be at least part of the issue as well. Time to do some research...
  20. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I adjusted the power valve linkage to almost the top of the slot on mine and installed a power now that had been in my tool box from Shanes wr125. It pulls cleaner and didn't fall into that soft spot where it did not pull at all.

I rode it at a sand track yesterday, power robbing stuff. It was also my first chance to jump it fairly big. A 70 foot table top, there is not much cooler than hitting a big jump completely tapped on a 125.

My top engine mount is cracking after 3 hours... If I remember correctly we need to pull one of the top bolts out to keep that from happening, or get the updated mounts.

Also I failed to check my tire pressures and the first two hours were spent with 30 lbs front and rear... Dumb move on my part.

Later,