1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2009 Fork Question

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by JSK73, Jul 26, 2012.

1. JSK73 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB144
    I have been looking around for either a CR or WR 125/150 to use for hare-scrambles, preferably new or very slightly used.

I've come across a smoking good deal on a brand new leftover 2009 CR125. It seems that Husqvarna switched over the the KYB forks in 2010 so I am assuming that this one has the Marzocchi forks on it.

My question is this; is the KYB so much better that I should pass up on this deal and get a 2010 or newer, or is the Marzocchi able to be dialed in properly? Also, are there any other major items that the newer bikes have going for them that will be lacking on a 2009?

Thanks in advance.
  2. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've an 2009 wr125 with the 50mm open camber forks. I've only just bought the bike second hand and its had a hard life. I prefer the zoochi's over kyb open camber because i have a TE449 which came with the open chamber kyb's. The closed camber kyb's are very nice but never tried zoochi closed chamber. if i had to choose it would be the zoochi's size does matter...:D
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I asked this very question to Les Tinius of LT-Racing. He told me he thought the extra money for the KYB's wasn't worth it and that he could make my Zoke's work just as good as the KYBs. I had no reason to doubt him, as he'd done good work for me in the past. I went with the `09 and am infinitely pleased with my choice.
  4. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Cool- lots of races won on Zokes.
  5. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    :D I just want to bring it to your attention that a WB 165 kit does fit your bike :D

saying that it does also to the newer models.

regarding the forks I truly believe that when you tune in the Marzocchies properly it would not make the difference between win or loose a race instead of the KYB

if you really want to spend the money and want to have the best then you should look to the ohlins products line up

Robert-Jan
  6. JSK73 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB144
    Thanks everyone for the replies! I've been reading up on these bikes for a little while now and really do appreciate how much information is available here at Cafe Husky. I saw the link up top for LT racing and was glad to see that there are some experts out there who know this brand too. I figured I would ride the bike a while to get a feel for it, play around with the clickers some, and then if I feel it is still lacking I'll send the suspenders off for some fine tuning.

I agree, Ohlins would be sweet! :thumbsup: