2009 Full Power Kit

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Magile, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Magile Husqvarna
    B Class

COFFEE EDIT - Link to thread in Tech Ref section:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2845

I just got a copy of “Service Bulletin C004-2008 - FULL POWER KIT INSTALLATION PROCEDURES” for 2009 TE & SMR 250-310-450-510’s.

There are four pieces - 1) Lambda sensor plug 8000A7724, 2) Lambda sensor plug gasket 8000A7749, 3) Lambda sensor connector 8000A6750, 4) Air filter cage 800069549.

The procedure covers removing the Throttle Plate and un-corking the mid-pipe. The Filter Cage replaces an “Intake silencer”.

A "Dual mode button”, 8000H0590, is optional. It’s a handlebar button for selecting “MAP 1 = Dry Ground” or "MAP 2 = Wet Ground”. Map 1 is the default.

There’s also a “Racing License Plate holder kit”, 8000B1641. It’s a simplified drop down that eliminates the turn signals but retails a tail/stop lamp.

I don’t have a price. All these parts won’t fill a shoe box so they shouldn’t be too $$$

Cheers – M.

PS – PM me if you want a copy
  2. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Hmmm, interesting. No Arrow muffler for 09's power up kit or wonder if the stock one is usable as is......
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I understand that the '09 will come with what was the "kit" muffler last year, and not the big cat. unit the '08's had.
  4. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The service bulletin specs that Magile sent me show an inline cat positioned right ahead of the exhaust can inlet that can be removed to mate with the balance of the normal power up components.
  5. huskynw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good news the small power up pieces are included with the bikes this year, of course you are paying for them with the price increases this year, but it still is nice.
  6. SoCal_250 Husqvarna
    B Class

I just got an 09' 450 SMR - the catalytic are inside the silencers. Looks like allot of work to remove - likely need to cut the pipe and re-weld them. Need to look at whether the SMRR tips will fit and if they are available for sale. We de-restricted it but will have to leave the cans stock. Seams so run ok - haven't gotten if off the stand yet - so maybe ride it today for the first time - see how is runs
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Any chance on just attaching it to your post? pdfs can be attached if that is what it is. Otherwise people need to trade PMs/email addresses with you because PMs can't have attachments.
  8. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Yes that's my understanding...:thumbsup:

I'm not sure of anything having to be cut or welded.:excuseme:
  9. seanoj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Full Power Instructions

I have a copy of the "Assembly Instructions for Full Power Version TE-SMR/2009 Models". It was provided to me when I took delivery of my new TE 310 (plus a small box of parts). The instructions are part number 8000H1120.

I don't have a scanner handy, so I can't post the 12 pages but I can summarize.

Supplied components include:
    A Lambda Sensor Plug (part 8000A7724)
    A Lambda "Sensora" Plug Gasket (part 8000A7749)
    A Lambda Sensor connector (part 8000A6750)
    An Air Filter Cage (part 800069549)
    "Racing" License plate holder (part 8000B1641)

Instructions include:

Removing the throttle cable stop plate (3 pages) - says to use Loctite 243 when replacing the plate holding screws. Otherwise, instructions are the same as what others have posted.

Removing the catalyst (1 page) - no cutting or welding required. Catalyst is in the exhaust pipe just before the muffler. Remove muffler, pull catalyst out, reinstall muffler.

Replacing the air filter cage (2 pages)
    - intake silencer is replaced with cage. Silencer looks to have a very small opening, while cage is almost all open. Looks to be as easy as changing the air filter.

Removing the Lambda sensor (1 page) -As easy as changing a bolt with washer. The plug is attached to the cable that used to go to the lambda sensor. Not sure if it keeps the circuit open or closed, but it does keep in covered.

Installing "dual mode" switch (2 pages)
    -switch (part 800H0590) is not included w/ bike. The installation involves removing the headlamp carrier, plugging in the switch's cable to a plugged cable stashed behind the headlight carrier, and installing the button on the left handlebar (inside of the mirror mount). The instrument display will show "SEL 1" for "dry ground map" and "SEL 2" for "wet ground map". They do make a point of saying that the water temp must be 40 deg C / 104 deg F and at least 10 seconds after start or it will not switch to SEL 2.

Installing "racing" license plate holder (1 page)
    -this is actually the "Euro" LED tail light. It requires removing the turn signals and incandescent stop light fixture, drilling the rear fender and putting together the Molex connector by hand. I am not sure if the turn signals can then be reinstalled.

I also received a US license plate holder (with three reflectors) that attaches to the US tail light assembly and a set of hand guards.

-Sean
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This thread is getting very close to becoming archive material for the tech ref section, so people can power up their bikes. If you could attach to a post what was sent to you that might make things complete.

Quite probably people are getting these instructions with the kits but having the procedure available for viewing could make a difference to people thinking about buying a Husqvarna in the first place.
  11. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

The cat cannot be removed from the SMRs.

To remove it from the TEs, just pull the silencer off and grab onto it with some pliers and pull it out. It is located where the midpipe joins the muffler.
  12. SoCal_250 Husqvarna
    B Class

I can confirm that they don't come out easily on the 09' SMR - I tried, they are in there for good! - now need to come up with an aftermarket option (or the SMRR pipes???)
  13. gearstace Husqvarna
    A Class

Nice job Sean, I will try to scan my manual of my 09’ TE 450 next week as well, I think it is that same across all models. You did a great explaining it without the pictures. I have some from my experience if anyone would like to see them.
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Pictures would be great!

I'm trying to archive things so people can find things in the future... pics, scanned instructions, anything like that would be great.
  15. BITSA Husqvarna
    B Class

I'm trying to figure out if there is any reason for me to take my 09 TE450 back to the dealer when it's time to complete the full power transition. I have the parts, and the dealer is a long way away.

I was under the impression from my dealer that he might be tweaking something in the EFI, but I am not sure of that.

I have about 450 miles on the bike now, my dealer is recommending 600-800 miles before completing the conversion. I have already put on the airbox, but none of the 'lamda' parts and I have not yet removed the cat.

Any thoughts?
  16. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I believe(Please correct me if I'm wrong) that by installing the "Power up Kit" voids all warranty anyway.

After you install the kit you might need it "Tweaked"...might not.

Mine has been on my bike from day one 08/TE-510.:thumbsup:

Bottom line call your dealer up and ask him.:D
    He'll most likely say it's OK.
  17. BITSA Husqvarna
    B Class

Yep, I believe it does void the warrenty, but I am already pretty tired of having it stall in the middle of a technical hill or while creeping through deep water while I think everything is sounding and feeling pretty well. I'm crossing my fingers that when I complete the full power install, it will not be quite so touchy (especially since the alternative theory is that I have fogotten how to ride during my haitus from the dirt! :) )

On a side (but related) note, if anyone has been following the Forma boots thread, I can now say with confidence that they are waterproof, at least in water up to about 8-12 inches deep for as long as it takes to restart a TE450.

I sent the service bulletin to my dealer (thanks to Magile for forwarding it to me last week) and asked him to order the dual mode button. He had not seen nor heard of the bulletin or the button, I guess the bullletin hasn't reached all the US dealers yet. I will contact him again today and try and get a better understanding of exactly what he wants to do on the change over. If I get any interesting info, I'll post it here.
  18. BITSA Husqvarna
    B Class

Just talked to my dealer. He definitely feels that it is a good idea to put the bike on the computer for final EFI adjustments when completing the full power upgrade. Guess I'll be making the jaunt.
  19. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

power up

Here it is. Hope it comes out for you husky peeps. You have to keep clicking to enlarge them to read the print.

Attached Files:

20. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

power up

Here is the rest

Attached Files: