1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2009 husky wr 300 fork seal replacement

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Bond_yzf, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Bond_yzf Husqvarna

hi guys im just about to change the fork seals on my 09 wr 300 and was wondering if anyone had a workshop manual download or a relevent file i could download with instructions ?

any help much appreciated

cheers jim
  2. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
  3. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Just did mine a few weeks ago, pretty straight forward. Got the seal drivers from motion-pro, but just changed the seals and didn't do a complete tear down of the valve stacks. Will do that next time. Gerald at Upstate advised me to go with 140mm from the top for my oil, using 5wt. Good luck, have fun, save money...........
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Here is a video part #1 of 3 that shows a fork (which is basically the same as the 50mm Zokes) being taken down and put back together. I recommend taking them all the way down so that you can clean the hard assembly grease out of the valving, unless that has already been done. It made a big difference on how my 09 WR250 Zokes worked. I made my own oil level tool with a plastic syringe from the feed store and you can use a wrap of electrical tape to protect the seal but the seal driver is a must. I bought mine from Motion Pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2G-b66F3es&feature=relmfu
  5. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    What sort of seals are you all using, I have some Synergy seals on order and apparently they are the bees knees?
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    As a side note, mud or dirt can get in these seals and cause them to leak ... These seals are nothing more than a piece of rubber with a metal spring around them holding them tightly against the fork leg ... That's as low tech as it gets ... The rubber that rubs on the fork can wear down or maybe get a cut, but if that spring is on that seal, that seal may very well be OK but has dirt inside it and cleaning the dirt out will stop the leak...

Mine may leak after a mud ride ... I watch them a few rides and if the leak stays, I take the time to go inside the outer chamber, change the oil and clean the seals... To date, this has always stopped the leaks ...

It is probably a good idea to change that oil on a regular basis... I'm using ATF now in the outer tubes as I change the oil monthly or so ...