2009 Huskys Tested

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by F1ED, Aug 14, 2008.

1. F1ED Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well here is just a taste of what MXA had to say about the 09 Huskys.I think all of you 2 stroke fans will be pretty excited too about what they had to say. Our very own Husky liason Federica even got mentioned in the article ( although they misspelled her name ). Feels great to finally get some positive press!

MXA FIRST RIDE: John Minert rides the 2009 Husqvarna TC450 & 510

MXA recently got the chance to send one lucky editor on an all-expense paid trip to Milan Italy... and that editor was me! We spent two days checking out some of Italy's beautiful sights, two days blasting around on brand new Husqvarnas, and four nights sightseeing and eating some fantastic food. Look for a full story in the November issue of MXA. Until then, here are some highlights of the trip.

I'd like to thank all our great hosts at Husqvarna, especially Marco Campelli and Alberto Cervetti for their excellent action photographs, plus Roy, Mark, Martino, and Frederica.

The motocross models available at the intro are the new TC 450 and TC 510. New features include (but aren't limited to) full Ti exhaust (claimed 94 decibels) and a new lighter frame (2.2 pounds). Unfortunately the new CR 125 motocrosser and highly anticipated TC 250 motocrosser weren't ready for the intro, but the TC 250 will have an ultra light, ultra compact motor, and Husqvarna claims a dry weight of the bike is just 203 pounds!

The TC 510 makes tons of power across the RPM range. It's a true open class monster.

Among other improvements for 09, most of the models went on a significant diet. The 2009 Huskys weren't opposed to being thrown around a little.

MXA guys may usually be track rats, but we can weave through the trees too. The new Husky enduro bikes have a lot of neat technology, including fuel injection and catalytic converters. Husqvara claims there is a resurgence of two stoke popularity in Europe, and they aren't going to let the market down. The latest Husky two strokes have received just as much R&D attention as the four strokes. We're glad. They're a blast to ride.

First class all the way, Huqvarna brought the bikes in a Mercedes big rig. The Husky camp was a comfortable oasis after putting in a hard moto.

The Malpensa motocross track is located next to the freeway just minutes away from the Milan's Malpensa airport. Besides holding local club level races, the track is also where Husqvarna does a lot of testing during the week. It's fast, wide, and watered by sprinklers.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  3. HuskyFede Husqvarna
    A Class

Well it's nice to see our work gets cool feedbacks!! F1ED thanks for spelling my name right.. I guess you are the first to get my name is in Italian version and not German.. (Federica.. comes from Friedrich.. should be coming from Friede Reich, rich in piece or something..) .. anyway thanks it's much appreciated!
  4. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

The latest Dirt Rider has a similar tease. Looks like there will be some uber articles in the US rags in the coming months.

Sounds like Husky flew a bunch of gringos to Italy, wined and dined them and let them go ride the new bikes.

It should pay off. The only issue i see is exchange rates, but thats actually looking better, well at least a little bit better.