2009 SM510 not starting, fuel pump does not prime

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by nocontrol, Oct 27, 2010.

1. nocontrol Husqvarna
    B Class

Edit: See thread below, my issue was a cracked fuse, it was not blown, but cracked! Check your fuses very carefully and/or replace them if you have any similar issues.

Edit: Just saw this thread: http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13795 seems like there is a good chance I have the same issue, I will check my fuses carefully and replace them for good measure tomorrow.

I have a 2009 SM510, was riding at the track yesterday and the bike completely cut out midturn. I figured it was low on gas, it wasn't. The fuel pump does not prime when you turn the ignition/kill switch on. The gauge cluster displays FAIL after a couple of seconds. All I can hear is a relay click, the rearmost relay on the left side of the bike. I verified that the fuel pump DOES work when you put 12v+ to it.

Haven't really done much else yet. I disconnected the tilt/tip over sensor and connected the two wires but it still does not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks
  2. craigs449 Husqvarna
    B Class

Yup......Maybe Coffee will post a sticky reminding everyone with a 2008 or newer EFI bike to go ahead and change the OEM fuses with ones from an auto parts store. Apparently, the Italians have been putting spaghetti in the fuses instead of fuse filament:lol:
  3. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Dupe delete.....people were getting confused...
  4. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    In my SM510R 2010 model.

Horn was broken, that proke my 15 amps fuse(yellow big, left side the bike).Problem have some sm125 models, say my dealer...
    So if the bike dont do nothing when you turn the key, check yellow 15amps fuse left side the bike, if is broken take the horn caples off the horn and replace fuse