2009 TE 310 - 12 hole Injector Upgrade?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by TripleThreat719, May 18, 2012.

1. TripleThreat719 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    I recently purchased a 2009 TE 310. It has a slight off idle stumble. I've read several posts on the site regarding upgrading to a 12 hole injector, but those posts have been on newer bikes than mine.

I'm wondering if anyone has any specific experience in upgrading the stock injector and what other changes, if any (ECM, Tuner, etc.) are necessary to make an improvement in the off idle stumble.
  2. Purple Haze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas txt pro300
    I can't comment on the 12 hole injector but with the Jd tuner and I Beat I was able to remove the off idle stumble and 99% of flame outs .
  3. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    The 12 hole injector and 2012 ECU- is for Xlite motors, you have the "legacy" motor (bored 250 with the same frame as the 450/510s). So beyond one of a kind experimentation of putting the 12hole injector in your bike requireing alot of fueling adjustments ie Power Comander, or at least JD tuner....the 12-hole is not a solution for you.

YES adjusting your fueling with a tuner would probably solve it. Possible with Ibeat, Probable with Jd tuner, or power Comander. SO far, I have been happy with Ibeat adjustments (stock tuner available from Semco/ same as the dealer uses)

Verify your fan is comming on: start it and let it idle for long enough to tell- they are quiet, and only run with the bike running.

Taking it to the dealer to tune and check tps setting and verify the coolant temp sensor is working would be a great help. (short of having a buddy that can hook you up)
  4. TripleThreat719 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    Spent a couple of hours playing around in the woods last night after work. A few flame outs in low RPM situations, so I may end up investing in a JD Tuner or Power Commander, or just ride faster to avoid low RPM situations...

Love the bike!
  5. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    I have a 2010 TE 310 and I also love it. I bought a JD tuner and it has greatly minimised the occurrence of flameouts, but not gone 100% unfortunately. It gave a really decent bump in power around the low/mid range right where the 310 needs it (I can now do roll on wheelies in 3rd and can squeeze them out with the clutch in 4th 14/50-13/47 gearing). It is a good simple tuner which you can easily adjust and it comes with reccommended settings (tested with a 2009 TE 310 on a dyno).

It seems that most of the US/Canadian 310s are way too lean from the factory.
  6. TripleThreat719 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    So the JD Tuner seems to be about 2/3 of the price of the Power Commander and then it looks like there are a couple of accessories for the Power Commander that are pretty expensive too... What's the best option here?

Does the Power Commander possess significantly better tuning capabilities to make it so much more expensive? Is it worth it?
  7. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    Sadly I'm not sure what the Power Commander offers :( . I do know that the only thing lacking with the JD tuner is a way to accurately judge the overall A/F ratio (other than by indirect means such as spark plug condition, fuel efficiency, power etc.). It does not adjust ignition timing, only adds or removes fuel (but the adjustment range is large and you can also fine tune quite easily) . You get a feel of what its doing by the power response. Also, you can change the "jetting"/injection settings on the trailside in <1min, and sometimes ground testing can be more practical than a dyno..

Saying that - you should confirm that the "stumble" isn't being caused by something else like a dodgy fuel pump before you fork out over $200.