2009 TE450 Break-in EFI adjustments

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by LaDSM, Aug 7, 2010.

1. LaDSM Husqvarna
    B Class

I bought an almost new 2009 TE450 with 180 miles that already had the Powerup kit intsalled and the dealer performed an ECU update the day I bought it. I ride it primarily to work with a little freeway and alot of streets and its never seen the dirt yet.

Every trip the motor is loosening up and the bottom-end seems really rich and surges. Each trip i keep turing in the idle air screw on the right side of the bike in a little to keep the RPMs up in the 1750-1800 range and it runs better and the surge goes away. The Mid and Top end screams and the plug is dark and wet on the threads and base and brown in the middle.

My question is this common to have to keep adjusting every ride during break-in? I am at 580 Miles and have been doing oil changes every 150 miles to clean out the break-in metal wear. I plan to get about 800 miles on and take it in for the 600 mile service. Since it hasnt been ran offroad, I wanted to make sure it has plenty of break-in before having valves checked.
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    At this point it should be able to be adjusted via iBeat where you don't have to fiddle with it. Adjust valves, set TPS, adjust the 3 points of fueling and you should be fine.