1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2009 Wr 144 50mm Marzocchi Suspenders How To Get Em Working Right?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by gixxer_gixxer, Aug 1, 2011.

1. gixxer_gixxer Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi, Got a problem with 50mm marzocchi's only using half travel over some serious decents and speed,variations, nice first 1/3 stroke but she-ite after that, anyhow had an air gap of 135mm each leg for these results, also had trimmed 10mm of each preload spacer, but am not happy wid it, so tonite I have increased air gap to 180mm (the limit),wid same reduced preload spacers, oil is new and fine, feels slightly better but 'springy now', these forks need work to get them upto 2006 spec, why have they evolved backwards? they would be find for mx, but dodgy in a light framed 2-stroke as I have found out, maybe ok in the husky 4-strokes, if its open going no problems, but when in the technical stuff, its a ride on the seat of your pants (interesting but not advised), what i need is first 1/3 plush then next third very slightly less plush and last third just for jumps, a truly progressive setup, anyone know how to achieve this with the 50mm marzocchi 85kg rider, what is the standard spring weight in these from new?
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I weigh 185lbs naked. I have my OC Marzocchi setup with .40kg fork springs and 5wt oil. They work great. I did have about 20% of the compression damping taken out also.
  3. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

4. gixxer_gixxer Husqvarna
    B Class