1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2009 Wr 250 Shifter?????

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 85 senior, Aug 21, 2011.

1. 85 senior Husqvarna
    C Class

hi all
    im sure you all have heard this before but my stock shifter is as tight as i can make it and its very loose and rubbing the clutch cover very bad. i have tried every where and i cant find any brand that will work on the husky,people act like like im trying to fix the economy or something.i notice most wr models there is a rub mark on the cover but there has to be a fix for this.it looks like crap and the gouge gets deeper and deeper.please help thanks again for your replies.
  2. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    Driven makes one that works well. Contact Motosportz (site sponsor)
  3. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    I just bent mine out slightly. If yours is loose after you tightened it, maybe you need a new one
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Pull the lever off, straighten if have too, file slightly to create a larger opening bolt slots through, use a spring washer and tighten.
  5. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1 i did the same using a small grinder
  6. 85 senior Husqvarna
    C Class

thank you all for the replys the driven shifter has been ordered and is on the way!!also got some fork air bleeders while i was at it!!! motosportz you rule!!! now hopefully my race isnt cancelled this weekend from the huricane warnings:(
  7. 85 senior Husqvarna
    C Class

well shifter is in and will be installing it asap but let me tell you about great FAST service!!!.......only one word...MOTOSPORTZ...i never ordered anything from them before and i actually ordered stuff from these guys and they didnt mess the order up and it came in two days!!! and i didnt even talk to them!!! hey ...fast food joints..take a class from these guys!!!:) i WILL be spending more money with these guys,they know whats up!!!just figured i would share that with those who dont know about them..GREAT JOB!
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Is the driven shifter longer or the same as stock?
  9. tree dodger Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's the same as stock, but does not bend like the stocker. Mine came loose so I opened up the gap with a knife file and used never seize on the bolt which allowed me to tighten it a little more and have not had a problem since.
  10. Huskycat Husqvarna

Please look at photo close up Pic of my shifter(#488) , I too had the same problem , I also felt it was too short , I had 3/8 in piece welded and shaped in the middle , bent/shaped outward slightly , added ZipTy shifter tip(1/4in longer & 10mm further forward ) , the previous cover scrapes/gouges were bad - I sanded them out , powder coated it black and applied background clear sheeting for protection (I change this out 3 or 4 times a year)
  11. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 08 WR250 shift lever groved my clutch cover pretty bad. I took two black ZIP Ties and placed them side by side near the toe lever but on the actual shaft. The shifter still flops around but the zip ties allow the shifter to slide across the cover without grooving it. A Quick and Cheap fix.