1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2009 WR125/165 electrical problems

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by spud1968, May 25, 2013.

1. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The bike was running fine and then slowly started to lose power then cut out. Got the bike back to my van and found no spark. Changing the plug wired removed kill switch and wiring still no spark. Whilst checking for a spark with the plug holding it against the cylinder with my thumb over the end kicking it over it was completely dead. Then! by accident I kicked the bike over without the plug touching the cylinder and it sparked because I felt a shock! Got the bike home checked the coil cap (HT cap)on my meter, which was fine and the HT lead/cable. With my meter between the earth cable and power from the generator (coil removed) I kicked the bike over and my meter responded with a jump in voltage. So the only thing i'm not sure about is the coil? Also, what resistance(ohms) values should I see from the coil when it disconnected from the bike?...because I've nothing/no reading? Also, what reading should I see from the generator without kicking the bike over, and then kicking the bike? Any advice guys i'm not knowledgeable on bike electrics as you can tell.

thanks
  2. Parfo79 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '98/'05 CR125, '00 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    many...
    The same thing happened to me today too. Bike ran perfect in the morning then cut out and no spark.
  3. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Either the coil has packed up or the low tension side has gone to earth Spud, Also look at the coil mount as my 2010 broke the thing rigt off !
    Unplug the connections to the left switch gear if still connected and see if it fixes it

When Triggers did the same thing the wireing loom had shorted inside all the sheathing in the area just behind the head stock
    Hope you get it sorted soon
  4. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Guys. I've not any switch gear and no electrical wiring apart from what comes from the generator straight to the coil. What readings should I see on my meter between earth and power from the generator?
  5. Parfo79 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '98/'05 CR125, '00 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    many...
    swapped my coil for a spare I had and problem solved.
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    You can check the resistance - ohms reading in the coil
    What is it a CR or WR ignition?
  7. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Check your grounds. A faulty ground contact will damage the coil and cause ignition problems. The area where the coil is secured must be clean.
  8. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    X2!
  9. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

2009 wr 125
  10. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

When I removed the coil one of the frame mounts had snapped off. Does it require both mounts to earth properly?
  11. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Sounds to me like you've found the problem
  12. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class