1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2009 WR125 Oil from Exhaust

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by sphbristol, Mar 12, 2011.

1. sphbristol Husqvarna

Hi,

Went for a ride today and when i stopped i noticed a load of oil leaking from the end of the tail pipe and where the tail pipe meets the front pipe.

Is the normal for these bikes? Or is this an issue with the jetting?

Cheers
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I'm sure that you will get a load of answers debating mixing ratios, types of oil and jetting issues. For the short answer, it is normal for a two stroke to not burn all the oil that is mixed in the fuel and to collect at unsealed junctions and on the end of the muffler. from my own successful experiences I will say that I minimized the drooling of my exhaust by switching to a full synthetic that I mix at 50 or 60 to 1 (depending on the bike it's going to be run in) and haven't done anything to change my jetting after switching to that ratio. My exhaust runs quite a bit less smoky and doesn't get too much of the dreaded drip either.
  3. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

some oils burn alot cleaner than others. i prefer redline smokeless (not smokess btw just low smoke) it burns clean and i have had good results. the ratio you mix at really doesnt matter. i have always ran 60:1 in my bikes because that is enough oil for my riding style. im a single track trail guy and usually not in the pipe. im not slow by any means.
    anyway with that being said your rich on your pilot or main depending on when the spooge is occuring. for example im still working on my jetting on my 300. since im not ripping around on the main all the time i decided to do so. i gave it a good 45 minute ride and stayed on the main or tried to for the most part. my silencer was covered. ran out the pipe and down all the way to the rubber joining piece. this tells me im too rich on the main becasue the bike could not burn all the fuel it was getting.
    perfect jetting is not hard, people in general are scared to lean their motors. lean until signs show your too lean and richen it a tad. once jetted properly you will find your fuel economy is super good. burns clean, and still have long engine life. just the way it was intended. i have never fouled a plug!! nor have i ever lost a top end.
    and food for thought adjusting your ratio is not the way to do it. the more oil you mix the LEANER you are making the jetting. 32:1 is LEANER that 60:1 because there is more oil taking up volume. that means there is less gas in that space. less gas = LEANER pick a ratio and stick with it. you must seperate in your mind lean and rich with the oil. lean and rich is ONLY for not enough fuel or too much, and air of course. this is also why a clean air filter important. im jetted on the fine line of lean everywhere. it is perfect, however if my filter is dirty i will become rich.
    the bikes today are not the bikes of yesterday. nor are the oils the oils are much better and you can run less oil now. the days of 32:1 are long gone. you can run 60 70 80:1 now days and be just fine. as long as the jetting is good.
    a properly tuned and jetted 2 stroke should only smoke during startup when the engine temp is too low to burn the oil. hope this help. good luck and aloha
  4. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Usually a lot of spooge is from too rich a pilot jet if the bike is running good elsewhere. I have been running Maxima Super M myself with good results but am still getting a touch of spooge. I will be changing next race to Maxima K2 as I was told it burns much cleaner and protects better at high rpm.