1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2009 WR250 - New to Cafe Husky!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by WoodsRiderParts, Apr 18, 2011.

1. WoodsRiderParts Husqvarna
    B Class

I have heard about this site for a long time, and so now that I am an owner of a new 2009 WR250 holdover I had to join. I just picked it up a few days ago, and I am starting the mod process of course! Lots of good info here, and I am excited to own a WR. I have been looking at them for some time, and I don't think I could have a better woods bike!

Luke
    WoodsChick likes this.
  2. Scootskipper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Kawasaki Z900RS, 1971 Bultaco
    Greetings and congrats on the new bike!
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Welcome to Cafe Husky, WoodsRiderParts [IMG]

My husband got a leftover `09 WR250 last October and he's having a great time on it [IMG]
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Welcome aboard, get your credit card ready, and enjoy! Your fellow members will help you with your spending.... I mean modding. This is a great site with very helpfull members. Look forward to your ride report
  5. WoodsRiderParts Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks everyone! I have heard of some jetting changes that can be made on these, would you suggest a factory jet kit?

Luke
  6. 85 senior Husqvarna
    C Class

great bike !you will love it!! i have an 09' left over with enduro eng. sus.work and hand gaurds thats it.just had my second race with it ....still getting used to it only had it for 3weeks and this freekn bike is awesome in the woods!!! race ready. finally got it jetted real nice and the thing just pulls BIG bottom end and its just a sharp looking bike! i still just have to look in the garage just to sneek a look at it im 45yrs old and this bike makes me all giddy like a damn teenager and im coming off of a yz250! congrats!!! you will soon know the feeling im talking about:)
  7. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Luke - I can't find the changes that I made to my OE Carb. I've got another buddy here in Atlanta that has an '09 WR-250 and I'll ask him what he's running. He's tweaked his quite a bit so he'll know exactly where he set the clips ect... John
  8. WoodsRiderParts Husqvarna
    B Class

Awesome! Bike is on its way to Indiana where I live. I have Cycra handguards, and a Ricochet Skid Plate awaiting my arrival. Since I am a dealer for JD jetting now I may try their carb for the WR.

Luke
  9. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey , woodsrider I,m the guy Jhunter is talking about in Atlanta sweet bikes great handling nice power but some of us have to look for it . In stock form it was all tork and no rev , I,ve gone between the stock carb and PWK , I,m back to the PWK and things are working good . My jetting currently at 800 to 1000 ft , temp in the high 70,s is 180 main , 35 pilot blue JD needle 2ed from top pulls good from bottom to top . Just a note though my power valve was set from factory in the full down position not good made all tork and fast hang on ran out of pipe quick I had to raise it a few mm. and now works better . My bike seems to want one size large main . I also added a auto clutch nice , and revalve forks and shock sweat ride . Good luck with yours. check it close quality control at husky is subject .[IMG]
  10. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    All my 09' WR truly needed was the suspension to be setup. The Mikuni carb isn't a fan favorite, but it does the job and wont prevent you from riding. Although, if you're going to spend $70 for the factory jet kit you might as well pony up another $100 and just buy a Keihin PWK as its a much less finicky carb.

Much agreed with johnnyBgood's comment about Husky's quality control. I love the bikes, but they take a lot of time and effort to get to run right. At least my 2 have.

They sure do rule once they're dialed in though and its worth the effort.
    Welcome aboard!
  11. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

JohnnyB - You beat me to the phone call [IMG]. After riding John's '09 with some custom suspension work, I had to do mine. Now it rides like butter and handles awesome in the single track (my KTM buddies that rode it a few weeks ago couldn't believe how sweet it was [IMG]) My motor is in all stock trim other than an FMF silencer that allows the motor to rev a little longer and a little higher... I've also got Old Fat Guy radiator braces, Hyde skid plate and a Hyde pipe guard, and I added the 2010 red radiator shrouds with the imprinted graphics. Just ride it and tweak it as you go! Take Care - John H (Atlanta)
  12. WoodsRiderParts Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey PC, did you just dial in the stock suspension, or send the forks/shocks away for revalve work? I am 6'2 and weigh around 205 so I am adjusting it accordingly. Can't wait to get back and start riding it!

Luke
  13. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I had a local tuner revalve it and install heavier springs. It wasn't horrible when stock, but it is incredible after the revalve.
    The forks and shock can be made to work very well IMO.
  14. WoodsRiderParts Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks, I may play with the stock suspension first, then go with something more specific!

Luke