1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2009 WR300. New to Husky. A Few questions???

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by JDJ, Aug 8, 2012.

1. JDJ Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    prev07 YZ450F , 07 CRF250X , 03XR250
    So I finally made the leap to the Husky 300 I have been craving for so long. It is still on its way. Since I am new to 2 strokes and new to Husky I had a few questions. First is that i know I am going to want to get a spare wheel and paddle so I can ride St. Anthony Dunes. Wil I have to find a "Husky" wheel or will any 18" wheel work? Also, There is not much in the way of Husky dealers nearby so does anyone have any recommendations of good websites to buy "Husky" parts? Thanks in advance for any help 5Lb5X15Jb3Ld3J93o7c7g1e8d974d40ef1e35.jpg
  2. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Congrats on the new bike! I have had good luck getting OEM parts from Halls Cycles.
  3. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

halls will take good care of you! welcome to the club!
  4. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    a few of the guys here will be able to tell you what wheels fit (125,250 years etc) stick with husky rims as I read that they are specially made for husqvarna and are stronger than normal.braddening, fitted a officine provini power valve controller to that bike with good results (adjustable opening speed) or you can play with the pv springs to adapt to your style of riding.Plenty of knowledge on this forum and good people willing to help.
  5. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    Great Bike and great for the dunes !!! yeah stick with the husky wheels, i got a spare warp 9 wheel but they haven't got the right rotors yet and they are 2 lbs heavier than the OEM Excel wheels.
  6. JDJ Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Im not too overly concerned about a few more pounds. I only do the dunes a few times a year. I just hate changing the tire out each time i do it. so much easier to just swap a wheel with a paddle. So if i am understanding correctly - it would have to be a wheel that is specific to Husky though correct. It can't be just any 18" excel or warp 9. I suppose Husky has a unique hub etc. I actually have the factory rear brake rotor that i could use and i can get a sprocket easy enough. My hope was that i could just find any ole 18" wheel but I gather it needs to be specific to Husky? Correct?
  7. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    i believe your correct, the warp9 wheel comes with a sprocket of your choice, as of now you will have to swap out the brake rotor from your original wheel
  8. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I dont think the rim is Husky specific. It's just a plain ole' Excel and I'm sure a rim and spokes can be had from any Excel dealer.

I buy my bikes and parts from Bill's Husky in Salem, OR. Best shop I've had the pleasure of dealing with and parts at my door in less than 24hrs. In 3+ years I've never had to wait for them to order parts. They've earned my loyalty a hundred times over.
    lankydoug likes this.
  9. JDJ Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    i think you are right about the rim. I think the difference comes in when you start talking hubs. It has to be the same hub width and not all are the same i do not think. Thanks for the tips. I knew about Bills Husky even before I became a Husky rider so they must be the place.
  10. motosportz mike CH Sponsor

The excel rims are husky specific, they are drilled differently. You can lace different rims to the husky hubs but you would need custom spokes. I do have husky excel rims available for 85.00 plus shipping. Send me a pm if you are interested. Motosportz Mike.