1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2010-12 cr/wr125 stock pipe fitment

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by montgob1, Nov 5, 2011.

1. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

In 2009 husky made an updated pipe for the 125 that routed the stinger under the shock resevoir to help with clearance issues. I am running a TC shock on my 125 now and it is difficult to install and rubs the resevoir slightly because i do not have the update pipe on my 2009. Looking at pics of the 2012 WR125 it looks like they have the low stinger style pipe. My question is, anybody know if all the newer stock 125 pipes copy the update design and will they fit on the 2009?
  2. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I am pretty sure the updated pipe carried on to the later years......and it still rubbed ever so slightly even after that...they relocated the shock reservoir to sort that out for '10

you can remove the first design pipe and massage it for clearance with light tapping with a ball peen hammer..... just make sure you support the back side of it with your hand while tapping

those first design pipes were famous for pinholes if I am not mistaken
  3. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    They don't fit...

Even FMF has a different part number for the 09's and the 10-11's.

When I first got my 125 I ended up with the fmf pipe for a 2010, it is not even close to the 2009 pipe.

Later,
  4. metal_miracle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi just got cr125 09 and the previus owner fitted a 2011 pipe on mine
  5. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

The different FMF number is because the frame mount by the kick starter is different. Bill had a 2010 FMF that he made me a deal on so I put it on my '09. I hade to fab a mount but otherwise it is identicle.
  6. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    It may be the '10 pipe that I had, I traded it to Bill for a 2009 pipe. :D

It doesn't go under the reservoir like the updated Husky pipe, that is what Ben is looking for.

It looked about like this...

[IMG]

Later,
  7. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's probably the same pipe then. It fit the same as the stock pipe so I guess I didn't have the updated pipe.