1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2010-2014 WR125-150 Values

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by sabortooth, Oct 16, 2013.

1. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
  2. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Supply and demand.

As buyers, we are fortunate to be able to get such a great bike for less than the cost of well used lesser models. At the same time, when you buy, you have to realize that being a niche bike, you may very well take a hit when it comes time to part with it. I'm in the market for another 125/144 right now, and there are at least 8 for sale locally that I know of. Several of which have been for sale for the better part of a year. That's not good for resale values.

I bought my 2011 knowing that if I didn't keep it for a long time, I'd pay for it in resale. Fortunately the bike is so good, that's not going to happen.
    jmetteer likes this.
  3. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV

Bingo ! I bought my new WR 150 because I wanted an excellent bike with a great price that I can ride for a bunch of years. I really have no intention of selling my bike in the next year or so. I'm happy with the price I paid even though they have come down in price lately. But the same can be said for buying a car or anything else only to find some one selling it cheaper later on. My thing is that I was happy with price when I bought it and I'll be just as happy riding it. I'll worry about selling it some other time.
  4. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    I've noticed that the 125 is at the same price point as the KLX140 and CRF150. KTM should be able to build Huskys that garner a bit more respect than the italian travesty. The more people realize that KTM is building Husqvarnas, the more the name will be accepted as a serious player with quality and value in mind for the consumer.
    The bmw made units will go down in history as a stain on the proud name and KTM should be credited in trying to revive the glory of the once iconic brand by building the type of enduros that people actually want.
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    uh oh^:popcorn:this is gonna be awesome!
    Dirtdame likes this.
  6. Hoov165x Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The Latest: 2014 FE250

You have got to be kidding me.....

It is all a matter of the public's perception when it comes to KTM and brand name acceptance. Doesn't mean that the product is better than the Italian offering. I have ridden (and owned) both the current KTM chassis and the X-Lite chassis and in my humble but experienced opinion, the X-Lite chassis geometry numbers are far better. That and I believe the KTM metallurgy is suspect. When was the last time you saw frames and swingarms breaking on a Husky. How about the KTM 144/150 motor issues? Not saying the KTM is a bad bike, and these are isolated issues, but they (KTM) are exceptional in their marketing strategies, leading to a positive perception of their product. I could make a similar case involving public perception of current government issues and the liberal media. The liberal media has created a perception that is, in most cases, not based on truth, reality, or common sense. However, a large percentage of the populace has bought into it as being gospel. But I won't get too far into that......

But go ahead and drink the Kool-Aid if you wish......
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    :eek:
  8. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I think he's pissed because he can't get the money he wants for his 165. Don't feed it.
  9. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Well this is basically the same as what I posted.
  10. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    I hope I have more integrity than this.
  11. Hoov165x Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The Latest: 2014 FE250
    Really? Anyone see a comprehension problem here?
  12. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    All right, I'll expand.
    The bmw WR Huskys are to me, maybe the best bikes ever thrown out there and are limited in numbers. Its not the owners of these bikes that caused the downfall of Vareese. If bmw and sub sequent ktm kills the lineage, it should be a very desirable peice of history but its not. Because of the perception and unwillingness to carry the design forward. Was the WR really at the pinnacle of that concept? Maybe. But it doesn't look that way to anyone else but us owners.
  13. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I see. well, all cleared up then. as you were.
  14. woodsrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '16 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    '18 Alta MXR
    As a new to the brand, new '06 WR125 owner, I've been following Husqvarna pricing for a few years now and it has been amazing to me how cheaply these bikes can be bought. Great value for money.

Not great if you're looking at it from an investment point of view, but I never do that with dirt bikes, or any toys for that matter.

Although, it does strike me as kind of odd that I also own an '88 Porsche 928 S4 which also seem to hold little value. And is often considered (one of) the red headed step child of the brand despite its revolutionary design and high performance.

Cheaply bought, cheaply sold, but in between its a great joy to own.

And in a similar way to the Husqvarna's, those that do own 928's have a special passion for them. Those that do not, have all kinds of negative opinions of them, even when they've never owned one, much less driven or even ridden in one.

Its all about perception. And I'm in no rush to try to change anyone's mind about Huskys or 928's.
  15. tnttimber Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ive said it before...... Mourne the loss of the 125 and x-light platform, especially at the bargain prices they have been available for. The rest of the line-up will be easily be surpassed by the new offerings in performance and quality, too bad your going to have to pay the going price for it. $11,000 out the door for a new husky is going to be hard for all of us to swallow. Snatch up those leftover Italian huskies while you still can, I grabed a 14 125 and am trying to come up with the money for another before they are all gone.
    jmetteer, wallybean and woodsrider like this.
  16. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    rd350 dr650 tt500 pe250 hondas lots
    Anyone that buys a dirt bike thinking its a good investment should not be allowed to have money but to answer your question I can't get 3k for my low hr 144 that has lots of upgrades and is clean. Just to give you an idea of what they go for (or won't go for) I don't blame the low price that they are blowing out the new ones at it boils down to the fact that a used 125 isn't worth a lot any brand or upgades will not help value.
  17. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    I hear you. Hence the reason of my original posts. A new yz125 is $6000 and a ktm125 is $6500. A new Husqvarna italian wr250 is $4000. Go figure.
    Yes, my bike is off the market.