2010 Beta Enduro... no more KTM motor!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by BlipBlip!, Sep 4, 2009.

1. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. Boom Boom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks like the 4-T trials engine.
    Would be great to see them make a 2-T enduro.
    Love the 2-T trials engine, tuff little package.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Does not look like it breaks any new ground. the styling of the bikes seems to be going backwards.
  4. racermx66 Husqvarna
    A Class

I looked into the Betas before I bought my Husky and there are no dealers within a days drive from NJ. The closest dealer I found was in Illinois. Too far of a drive for me.
  5. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

when i look at the pictures of the new beta,i see a ktm with linkage but alot better looking.they just might have something,just not anything that seems revolutionary.dan
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    odd return of the sharp angular style, very nice moto. standard moto config., smart move for the all in house effort.
  7. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

After studying these new 4-stroke open class engine designs from companies like Husaburg, Yamaha and KTM to some extent.. you have to wonder if going in 4 different directions is really a good thing for the powersport industry?

While the KTM motor is more evolutionary the other two are revolutionary and are going to make those that supply aftermarket services that much more complicated.

The reason we have such a strong aftermarket industry, is because of a standardization of the product between the manufactures.

I think there is something to be said about the evolution of standardized technology and I don't know if these new concepts are a good thing for our sport?

Now can someone please find my buggy whip for me?... I seem to have forgotten where I placed it.

Just Something to think about.

BlipBlip

P.S. The Beta falls into the evolutionary area..... so sorry for taking this topic off topic.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yamaha seems to like to introduce something new and then ride it out. I bet this motor design is around for a long time. I also bet KTM adopts the Berg layout and you see more of that motor layout.
  9. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We have been discussing that one over at TT in the exotic section. I know older VOR owners are not happy about purchasing a bike only to have the company go dark and leave customers with no way to repair the bikes.

BTW, did you notice that head design is almost exactly like the new Husky 250F motor? Chain/ gear drive for the cam and central spark plug.
  11. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    That idea's been around for a little while - it means you can keep the overall height of the motor down. The camchain driven sprocket has to be twice the diameter of the drive sprocket on the crank, so hanging it lower and driving the cams with gears keeps things more compact.