1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2010 CR150 radiators blowing up, need help

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MartinP518, Aug 29, 2010.

1. MartinP518 Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey guys, I have been having tons of issues with my radiators on the 2010 CR150. The clutch lever side broke at the top around the hose, wich I could weld with liquid metal quite easily.

The throttle side, started to crack from top to bottom, and had to weld it 3 times at three different places. I am not trusting these rads anymore, so I ordered a pair from a chinese company, that are beefier, and very well made. Unfortunately, they do not fit my bike. The throttle side seems an inch too long (touch the pipe) and the hose attach on the outside instead of the inside near the frame. Here are a few pictures.
    [IMG]

The guys tell me they tested these rads on a real bike and they fit, so I am wondering what year?? Maybe 2008? I am unsure Husky made new rads for 2010, but after looking at pictures on the net, I think they might be different, but not sure :excuseme:.
    What do you think?
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I dont know but I saw some cheap s/hand ones for an older 2001 ? model on Ebay UK 20 pounds?or something - guy is parting out whole bike may also be worth a try
  3. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I had problem with throttle side rad on my 2008 cr 125. It was comming apart at the top from frame. I caught it early enough and was not leaking so I put hose clamp around the top to hold it together and that was 2 weeks ago and it still holding good. I did order rad but not going to change it till old one starts leaking or get bent in crash. I also put hose clamp on the other side rad since it seems to work.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'd send that pic to Mylers radiator shop and ask they if he could move that fitting over .... Or try a local radiator shop ...

Are you sure you have the spacers correct where the frames mounts are at? You could measure the orginal ones and compare them to the new ones ... If this shows the new RADs are made wrong , the guy who said they fit is talking smack or they sent you the wrong part ...

I beat the hell out of the RADs on my 02 CR250 and only got small leaks from them ... My 08 TXC250 RADs are bent but not leaking or falling apart :) ... too bad for this unacceptable performance on UR parts :(
  5. PeterHB Husqvarna
    AA Class

The radiator in the picture is for a 4 stroke bike!
    Look on your stock radiator if it´s a Alexon or Toyo radiator. Alexon can you throw in the garbage can. Toyo radiator is so much better.
  6. MartinP518 Husqvarna
    B Class

you mean there is 2 brand of radiators that can come stock with the husky?
    Are you sure the rads pictured is made for a for-stroke? Does anyone here have a 2009 WR/CR 125 that can compare?
  7. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My 2008 cr 125 has toyo rad
  8. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm not sure which my '09 has but I know it is different then the '10. When I was getting the 7602 radiator guards to fit I compared radiators on the floor models at Bill's and it looked like the 2010 WR125 uses the same as the TC250 for that year. I guess you would need to check part numbers to be sure?
  9. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm trying to fiqure out where that extra outlet is suposed to go. I know on my 2010 WR150 that is not there. The inside one is correct but why is there two.
  10. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't think there are 2. the hose is just lying there in the correct position.
  11. MartinP518 Husqvarna
    B Class

Exactly R_Little, the hose is just there in the correct position, not attached. If it was just the hose it would pose only a minor problem, but I cannot live with a radiator that touch the pipe..
  12. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is the correct location for the '09 WR125. When connected I have to loosen the pipe mounts, pull the pipe away from the radiator and tighten everything back up to keep the pipe off the hose. Definitely not right for the '10 WR125 though...
  13. MartinP518 Husqvarna
    B Class

I will have this modified by the shop, the guys told me it was possible and cheap to fix. Shipping rates are a pain though.

Now to my final question: Where can I find detailed part manual for this bike online? Or have I missed it on the usb key that came with my bike? I got the owner manual but it's not detailed enough. Thanks for the help.
  14. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am not sure but because it is touching on the Large part of the pipe could you take a hammer and put a small dent in the pipe and not suffer any horsepower loss. I had 2 wr's aqnd both had fmf pipes and on the one bike I had to put a dent like I described in it even though they were supposed to be identical pipes.
  15. MartinP518 Husqvarna
    B Class

I did take some measurement, and I understand that the 2010 radiators are moved 7 millimeters forward, and the hose clamp are on the inside instead of outside, wich cause the radiator to touch the pipe. Everything else is identical (widht, length, height).
    I will send them today back to the company, they will do the modification free of charge. I suppose he will just build a new set with the modifications I asked. If it work out well, in then end, that would prove to be an awesome deal for a set of custom radiators.
  16. MartinP518 Husqvarna
    B Class

I also noticed that even the parts manual and microfiche for the 2010 125 is not designed properly, as it shows the 2009 radiators.