2010 GasGas bike

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. Kinda interested in some more detail on that little gem on pg. 27.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That does look tasty.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    wow viva Espana!! very nice line up
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Nice looking bikes, but isn't that a Yamaha motor in the 250 4T ?
  6. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Damn, if only GG could get its $hit together on the importer end of the deal. I'd have one for sure.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    it is.

K
  8. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    No issues with the U.S. importer... back in the early 2000's perhaps, but things are fine now.

The U.S. importer is Dale Malesek (sp?) who does both the trials and enduro bikes. Dale always did the trials bikes and now imports everything. Jim Snell handles all of the trials parts/hebo clothing. GoFasters handles all of the enduro parts & warranty. Together, they have a good team going.

Hall's Cycles is my favorite dealer for both Husky and GasGas. So for me, bikes & parts are never an issue.
  9. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Yes, GG bought a bunch of yamaha 250 4T engines. Yamaha had a surplus due to the poor economy, GG needed a good engine to "fill" a void in their bike line. Temporarily, GG will be using these engines. GG is also working on their own 250 4T engine, but didn't want to release it prematurely and face potential issues. I think they made a good choice and it should perform very nicely. The Yamaha engine has a good reliability record and stuffed into a GG chassis that handles well will be a win-win situation. :thumbsup:
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Yep, I second what MattR said. We've never had any issues with our 3 GG's. Go Faster's is good as long as you know what you need when you call and can get the young guy that answers the phone to write it all down correctly. Hall's has been reliable, too; Fast, friendly, accurate with timely shipping.

Gas Gas puts out great woods bikes. They handle like a dream and the motors are pretty much bullet-proof.

WoodsChick
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

It's official....EC300 for 2010 will have the red button!!! It is supposed to run of a lithium ion battery for light weight and reliable, quick charging and potent available starting amps.

Walt

PS wish I knew what the retail price will be
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    A lot. the bane of GG IMHO.
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Yep, I can't get my mind around paying in the $9K range for a dirt bike I am going to ride into the ground. Especially when I can get a WR300 for at least 2k less and would buy the GG just to keep from kicking it.

I am really interested in riding the 2010 TXC250 back to back with the WR125. One of those is going into my garage. I have already crossed off the week of Tasky's demo days next spring regardless of what crisis happens on the golf course. I will be coming home with at least one new bike.

Walt
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    and plan on keeping it forever as resale is the worst i have ever seen. Great bikes but you take a beating buying one unless you get it used then they are a bargain.

Make sure you plan on staying here for several break in rides. I'll show you the good trails.
  15. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Can't wait. I am currently trying to talk our local KTM dealer into picking up the Husky line too. I am just not in a position to do it on my own. If I can get him over there to ride the line up I think he will make the move. Good guy and very pro-active in the local OHV fight for riding area.

I am still interested in the snow bike conversion. The perfect use for a WR360 in the old frame.

Walt

PS my sister lives in Bellingham and is constantly bugging me to visit and bring friends to her starter castle. She is going to get her wish and may regret the crowd I bring. Her son got his first dirt bike experience on my WR250 earlier this month and is now hooked beyond belief. I gave him a map to Tasky's the dirt bike candy store and think he will be a future customer. He is a North Slope oil engineer and has serious income with no obligations.