2010 Husqvarna 65CR & 85CR

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by tommie d, Aug 24, 2009.

1. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    Anybody know anything about this rumor?
    Somebody from Australia posted over on KTMtalk about a dealership there asking a friend if they wanted to change over to the new Husky mini's.

PLEASE tell me this is TRUE !
  2. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    I can tell you with 100% certainty that this is not true.
  3. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's a shame... because Minis are the only area in KTM sales that didn't take a hit!
  4. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    I guess I'll have to brake down in a year or so and buy the boys PRC's or Conti's and put husky stickers on them.

HEY HUSKY WE WANT MINI'S !!
  5. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Actually KTM has taken a huge hit on mini sales over the past three years. The numbers are down substantially. The business is nowhere's near as lucrative as it was in the 90's. Cheap Chinese knock-offs, increasing European manufacturing costs and therefore higher retail prices have greatly reduced the viability of this as a business segment for the manufacturers. Also factoring in is the uncertainty that the Lead Law ban won't be back in place within a year or so. It was never actually removed from the books, a temporary stay was all that was granted for manufacturers and dealers to move existing stock. Do you want to invest millions in a new mini line that might not be allowed to be sold in the largest market in the world?

Having said all that please don't think Husqvarna is not seriously considering the project. Notice I said that I was 100% certain there wouldn't be minibikes in 2010. I think 2010 is the operative word here.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  7. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

If Husky does end up offering a 65 and an 85 mini in 2011 I'll be buying one of each. Brad.
  8. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Forgot about those pesky asian and their cheap knock offs!

Hey, I can even buy a BBR knock off for under $1000.

Anyway your right... focus on building a strong foundation and then build up from there.

BlipBlip :thumbsup:

Little Husky's would be cool though.
  9. HuskyT Moderator

I'll be needing a 65 CR for 2011 as well... my 5 year old son is asking me to pull the training wheels off of the CRF50.... would be shame to have to move him onto a KTM here in about a years time......

Where do I send the deposit?

T
  10. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Electric Mini.

Designed by BMW.

The first in a whole new line of electic motorcycles.

-pure fantasy on my part, but thats what i'd do. :excuseme:

Hope we see a mini soon. Ive got little ones, and they wanna ride.
  11. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just so we are all on the same page. Minibuke sales according to the CPSC led ban are still illegal to sell. We are operating under a temporary stay. The law is still in place. I'm not sure exactly when the stay is up but I believe it is sometime next year. Everyone overlooks this fact. There is still a lot of work to be done to get the CPSC finding revoked
    The question of being able to buy a Husqvarna minicycle may be a moot point.

I'm wondering how many of the entrepeneur types that visit this site would invest millions in a product that is technically speaking illegal to sell. Given the current political direction in our country I'm not all that optimistic that the CPSC thing is going away. In any event, it is a fairly large gamble at best.
  12. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is a very good point and true!
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Link to pdf of what Moore signed

Link to important information regarding this issue, some bits of it here:
    I've got no idea what the exact status is on a state by state basis. TT has an entire forum dedicated to the issue, but like most forums it can take a bit of time to glean good information from it.
  14. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

mini's

i believe that parts are on the do not sell list too. so you won't even be able to fix them... :banghead::banghead::banghead:
  15. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Like this forum, right Coffee?

:busted:
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep....

The actual problem is the short attention span people have, not the technology. For example if all the good info was put into the Tech Ref section it would be too full and people would have to spend too much time sorting through that to easily find things.

Static web sites like Ramz are excellent for certain things (obviously), but do not lend well to discussions on his site. It's all a balance. Luckily we can have as many forums on Cafe Husky as we want - which is again a double edged sword because too many forums gets confusing. Some large forums have resorted to doing both static and forums, or even blogs & wikis in addition to forums.

But all that is another topic than what this thread is all about.
  17. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Until then.............do the best you can.............Husky doesn't make an "entry level" adult dirt bike.......so........
    [IMG]

VIOLA!
  18. Vegas Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

19. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    How about a TC150 instead....:thumbsup::busted:
  20. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Lairpost,