2010 smr510 cold start needs hot start lever. Why???

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Ek37, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Ek37 Husqvarna

Hey guys
    Just got my bike back from the dealer. I had starting issues, 335 dollars later it starts but when it's cold I need to pull the lever to get it started. Otherwise it just cranks and cranks but doesn't start. I just got it back last wednesday so if something is wrong I can get it adjusted for free. The dealer wasn't too educated with my bike. They had it for 3 weeks just to reprogram the ecu with ibeat. Also after warmup if I turn the bike off and restart it the rpms r much lower and unstable. As far as I know they didn't reset the tps, and the values are set to 115 in 3 settings. No baffles and power up kit installed. Any help is appreciated thanks
  2. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Sorry to hear about your SMR I have the same bike and same year.
    On the F/I bikes the knob on the throttle body is a choke not a hot start.
    When they hooked it up to ibeat they surely would have checked
    the TPS,find this out and ask what is the WOT% set at, that should of been
    the first thing they did,If that is off everything else is for not. It's hard to say what
    could be wrong,mine had starting issues when I first got it,now in the right
    state of tune it fires up at the first push of the go button
    All you can do at this point if you are not happy is to bring it back to the dealer
    and give them a chance to make it right,for the $335.00 you paid them you could of bought your
    own ibeat and then your trips to the dealer for tuning and diagnostics would be over.
    I strongly believe If you are gonna own a F/I bike you need the tools to maintain it
    I think the ibeat should come with every new bike that is sold as part of the tool kit.
    Hang in there and work through this the 2010 510smr is a killer bike when set up right.
  3. Ek37 Husqvarna

Uhhhhhhh I went back today to talk to the mechanic and I'm on my own now. They are trying to charge me 100/ hr to tinker with the bike so I guess I'll get ibeat and do things on my own. The mechanic told me that he reset the tps but not by setting any values or checking to make sure it's at 100.4 or watever it's supposed to be. Overall bike runs pretty good but the stalling at idle has me dumbfounded to be honest. I guess I'll have to play with it and figure it out alone.
  4. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Doing it your self will be your best bet
    If it is idling to low screw in the air mixture screw in till it comes up
    where you want it.There is more than enough info on this site
    to get you through anything.
  5. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    If all they did was what you said...
    they hooked it up to Ibeat= 30seconds
    opened the TPS screen= 10 seconds
    Clicked "SET"= 5 seconds
    and disconected the bike from Ibeat= 30 seconds

so for 1.25 minutes they spent on your bike and not entirely setting the bike up, and your 335$, time and gas transporting it, frustration, I'd say your better off doing it yourself... yea

"tinkering" should not be an accurate description at $100/hour

when you get your Ibeat- set the WOT to 100.2, fine tune adjust the Air bypass Screw, verify the Coolant temp sensor is working properly, Ride/ test/ determine if CO settings need adjusting- lotsa good info on this forum to support you.

Good luck!
  6. Jye Husqvarna

i have a te510 which is essentialyy the australian version and i had the same drama my bike was idleing heaps irrationally and then just stalling i tried a few things like adjusting the idle screw and the fast idle choke screw but it turned out my battery didnt have enough juice so i put a brand new battery in and and played with my idle screw and fast idle screw and adjusted it to 1650-1700 rpm and problem solved hopefully its that simple