2010 TC250 2nd race and some indoor practice video's...

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by jmetteer, Nov 28, 2010.

1. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Today was Round four of the Woodland MX winter series. Conditions were much better and the track was shorter and much faster.

My day started off with the bike not running right, it idled fine but would not rev, at all. Saturday my brother rode it and washed it and must have cone a bit crazy with the hose because I had a drip of water on the main jet. I drained the bowl twice and did not get it so I pulled the bottom plug of the carb out and there it was plain as day hanging from the main. I knocked it of and gave it a shot of WD40 and it was good to go.

That caused me to miss the 30+ practice so I had to go out in the Green and Red bike practice, it was really busy.

Here is the video of practice, the others are still uploading...

No idea why this is posting the video so big...
    [smugmug]ZT0xJmk9MTEwNzk2ODg2MSZrPW9ubUVVJmE9MTQ4NTA2MjdfS0doOEUmdT1qbWV0dGVlcg==[/smugmug]

Later,
  2. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    While the others are uploading here is some video from this years opening day at the local indoor track.

The track is pretty fun, has one big triple that is 65 feet that I struggled to get over on the TC. I did this jump last year on the TXC300 without an issue. The first practice I tried it twice in second the TC. It is tapped, almost at the rev limiter and I was not comfortable with it. The second practice I decided to try third gear, it was not the answer. Came up a bit short and smashed my nuts pretty good.:banghead: I am going to change the gearing before I go back, lower it a bit and try to get in the meat of third. I could also just go faster in the corner...:busted:

I didn't get video of the first session, here is the second session split in two...
    [smugmug]ZT0xJmk9MTEwNTUzMzQzMCZrPW42NWJhJmE9MTQ4MTg4NjNfTmk0S1EmdT1qbWV0dGVlcg==[/smugmug]

[smugmug]ZT0xJmk9MTEwNTU2NDEwOCZrPUFLQVFZJmE9MTQ4MTg4NjNfTmk0S1EmdT1qbWV0dGVlcg==[/smugmug]

Later,
  3. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Moto 1, Bad start again...

I really need to work on my starts, after the issues with not making the triple at the indoor I was starting to buy into the slow I kept hearing about...

I worked my way forward as best as I could, got a bit frustrated at times. Still tried to ride smart but made a couple mistakes following people into corners where I should not have.

They ran both 30+ classes together, so I had no idea where I finished. I didn't find out until after the second moto...

Here is moto 1 split into two parts...
    [smugmug]ZT0xJmk9MTEwODAzMDExMyZrPURLSGNkJmE9MTQ4NTA2MjdfS0doOEUmdT1qbWV0dGVlcg==[/smugmug]

[smugmug]ZT0xJmk9MTEwODA2MzkxOSZrPTJVZTdDJmE9MTQ4NTA2MjdfS0doOEUmdT1qbWV0dGVlcg==[/smugmug]

Later,
  4. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,KX125,CR250,50cc quad,
    awesome vids!

Bloody slippery out there, was that yz250 smoker in front of ya? he was up it, sounded like you were takin it easy behind him haha
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    And you wonder why I say no when you ask me to come out :D
  6. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I think that was a yz125, I will check next time I see him.

If I keep asking one of these days you may surprise me. :D

Moto 2, the start I got a great jump until one of the 450s drifted over in front of me and I chickened out. So the bike will start well just need to work on the rider... With a better start I had less people to pass and just worked through as many as I could. On our gate there were 12 in my class 30+am and 4 in the 30+ master. I rode harder than I ever have and had a few really close calls. One was a big crash and I never even hit the ground. It is 3:50 into the first video. It doesn't look like much on video but I had one foot on the peg and the other foot on the same side of the bike doing a nacnac. :eek:

[smugmug]ZT0xJmk9MTEwODEyNDAwNyZrPUtrcEhmJmE9MTQ4NTA2MjdfS0doOEUmdT1qbWV0dGVlcg==[/smugmug]

[smugmug]ZT0xJmk9MTEwODE4MDY2MCZrPW5vMmRGJmE9MTQ4NTA2MjdfS0doOEUmdT1qbWV0dGVlcg==[/smugmug]

I had no idea where I finished in either moto until I checked the results, started at the bottom and worked my way all the way to the top. I was shocked, had no idea I finished as well as I did. 2nd in the first moto and first in the second. :eek:

So much for the slow bike theory time to work on the rider.

For all that I got a nice plaque...

[IMG]

Later,
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice Jake. :thumbsup:

- I will join you for some MX one day, keep pushing. :thumbsup:
  8. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Way to go, Jake!! Nicely done :thumbsup:

That plaque looks good on a Husky :)

WoodsChick
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    You make me proud to ride a Husky. Great job dude.:applause:
  10. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Tell you what...that was awesome !!!

keep it up :thumbsup:
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Awesome job Jake, big CONGRATS! Yeah you and your bike are slow allright.
  12. lineman12345678 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Jake I didn't know you were a moto stud also. I like to play around on tracks but have not done it in awhile. I am with Kelly, I like my nuts the way they are. Good job on the trophy
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Congrats!!! :thumbsup:

Because I changed the settings, and I've been waiting for you to post up a video. I wanted to see what the reaction was. :)

Much much easier for me to get accurate feedback regarding those types of things that way.

Initially it was 640 x 480, when you put these vids up it was set to 1024 x 768, and now I've set them to 800 x 600.

How does it look now?
  14. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    Great video's Jake! Man, that dude just parks his bike around that tight left hander...Then you were using the outside line on him. It worked out great in the end.

Good stuff
  15. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    You were haulin' the mail man, really enjoyed watchin' you race. Thanks for posting.
  16. hamiltonuh60 Husqvarna
    A Class

I think it looks great! It seems to fit various computer screen sizes (laptop/iMac). :thumbsup:

Awesome riding Jake! Are you on the XTRM site for contingency?
  17. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Thanks everyone, I am glad people are enjoying the video's.:thumbsup:

Looks great to me! :cheers:

I was last year and got some contingency on my TXC. I need to sign up again for the TC but the events I am running are not on the list for contingency payouts. I may do some races on the list next year.

Later,